Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Let's here your positive comments on your JK.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a chick magnet with the top up or down. I like when people look at it and ask what is it.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Nothing beats driving on a sunny day with the top down

Downsides:

a) I think today I caused a guy 2 reasons to go see his chiropractor - 1. Whiplash as his head whipped around following the vehicle from the outdoor patio, and 2. I think he fell off his chair as he swiveled.

b) The most useless thing in a Jeep with the top down is the 'sun visor'. It just doesn't do its job...

Now if you can handle those two downsides, and get used to the envious looks - you'll love the Jeep experience. Wouldn't trade mine for the world!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Former Member

I totally enjoy driving it. The top comes off every time I get a chance. I have a lot of gripes regarding mechanical issues and customer service from DC but, I digress.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Topless, doorless on or off-road fun! Where else can you be operating at 2-5 mph and your heart is pounding as you crawl over and through anything! (Almost)
Old 05-19-2007, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
There are a lot of good answers here.

I can easily say that this is the single must fun vehicle I've ever owned. It's practical: a 4x4 in the winter, a convertible in the Summer, and fun-to-drive all year long.

When I first got mine, it made the drive into work every morning seem like the ride away from home when you're going camping. That wore off after a while, but it's still a blast to drive - it's powerful, can definitely get out of its own way, and is a blast to go offroad with.

There's also something quite empowering about being able to drive over any curb you want in an urban setting (i.e. the 90-year-old driving in front of you pulls all the way to the right in order to make a left turn, and just sits there blocking traffic... except for YOU, because you can just drive up and around him!).

To anyone contemplating the purchase of a JK, odds are 45-1 that you're not going to end up with a "problem model" that has all these weird cosmetic and mechanical issues... I got a flawless one, and have been nothing but happy with it. It's handled every scenario I've thrown at it without complaint, and still makes me smile, even when I have to fill up the gas tank - what more can you ask for?

Finally, I get waves from other Wrangler owners all the time, which makes any drive an occasion to look for other Jeeps to wave to.
Yeah...that pretty much sums it up. Oh yeah...CHICKS DIG IT.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

I just turned 8000 miles on my JK and have had no problems. I think it's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned and I've been buying and driving Wranglers since 1997 when the round headlights came back.

I wave to every Wrangler owner I see and some wave and some don't. The fit and finish on my Rescue Green Unlimited is great. I have had at least a dozen people come up to me in parking lots and want to take a look at it. I take the time to show them everything it does.

Last month I had a teenage girl sitting in a Lexus SUV roll down her window and tell me how much she loves my Jeep while sitting at a traffic light. Her mom was so embarrassed and was hoping the light would change quickly. I just smiled and said I love it too.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just turned 10k miles

Got back from a 4000 miles trip to Ala, Ohio, Mich, and West Virginia. A lot of highway and 10 days off-road in WVa. Been in jeeps 25 years and have never had one like the Unlimited Rubi, went places I have never been able to get to. Never needed my winch which, in other jeeps, I always had to use. Vehicle is awsome. No problems what-so-ever.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Positive Comment Imminent:

Originally Posted by 4EverLSU
I've been on two major trail rides since I got it, and general playing around besides. I've only got 1800 miles, so she's still relatively new. My first official trail ride I was still in the "but...but...but...it's new, I don't know how she'll handle...please don't dent, I'm still sporting a temp tag", so yeah...I had to get strapped out twice. First spot, I was one of 4 of 7 Jeeps (others TJ's) that had to get strapped. I didn't feel so badly. On that trip, I had to strap out a Dodge Megacab 4x4 three times. Tehspecially given it was the day after 4-6 inches of rain? Definitely not feeling so badly. Second spot, LWB and breakover angle brought Teh Suck. I should have found the skinny pedal earlier. Second trip (pics to come) I found my baby's skinny pedal, and didn't get stuck at all. TJ's on 35's, lifted 2-3" were getting strapped out, and my po' ol', nearly stock, 2.5" BB, 32" BFG MT's never got strapped out once. Nearly pegged out my rev limiter, but I'm here to tell you now, "JK" is NOT "H3 Wannabe"....she is ALL Jeep. And then some. And a damn sight more quiet and smoother ride than a TJ. Can I get an amen?

And yes, I'm still sporting a temp tag (...and a dent in the passenger side crush can from french kissing a pine sapling...apparently she bit. Must be revenge from the other 4 that I knocked down. I'm mighty impressed by that JK bumper.)

Last edited by 4EverLSU; 05-20-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Traded in my Tahoe for the jeep. Told my wife i'll keep driving her Neon. What was i thinking! My daughter is in Kindergarten and has already asked if she gets the jeep when she gets older. Looks like i'm stuck in that neon.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

We paid off the wife's Tahoe. I still have my ZJ and a Tracker.

The JK adds to everything... it's like the missing link of our motorpool.

I would love to get long-winded and spell it out, but with this already on the 3rd page(edit: 4th page ).... I'll keep it short.

With the 5 seatbelts, 4 doors (removable), removable top, lockers, a/c and mud tires.. the RUBI is it. I really like this thing alot. If I could squeeze a little more power out of it, I'd LOVE it.

Quick Reply: Let's here your positive comments on your JK.