Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lemon law advice??

Old 12-26-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon law advice??

Does anyone have any experience working with the lemon law or lemon law attorneys? Im starting to work the pocess and am curious what experiences any of you have had? Is it a huge pain, how long does it take, is it even worth it? I have read that even if you win the dealer can deduct usage fees on your current vehicle so whats the difference between the law and just trading it in? Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

As with any legal process, it can be lengthy. Lemon Laws vary state to state....if I am not mistaken since the cases are filed in state courts. Make sure you get an atty who is a well versed in lemon law case law. I believe the car manufacturer covers all costs involved if it loses the case.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Read this about the Florida Lemon Law Program .
Old 12-26-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

See this is where the problem lies. I am an ohio resident, im stationed in florida, but i purchased the vehicle in new mexico. Sticky situation. all of these states have their own laws and guidelines. This was more of a general question to see if any one had gone through the process and were either glad they did or regretted it.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Get a hold of ricksterjeep in the Sunshine state section. He has gone thru the lemon law already and can give you some details.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by goose244
Get a hold of ricksterjeep in the Sunshine state section. He has gone thru the lemon law already and can give you some details.
hey thanks alot.....very frustrating....i just want them to fix the problem and honor their warranty, guess thats why they are borderline bankrupt
Old 12-26-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

From past experience You will have to work with the law of the state that the vehicle is registered in, If that is not the one you’re in it can be a pain, Before Chrysler had their troubles all you had to do was say LL and they would offer a buy back. What kind of trouble are you having? How many documented repair attempts have they made?
You may also check with bigbluejk he may be able to offer some help.
Good luck
Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went through the lemon law here in NC. It took about 4 months to get my new Jeep. Chysler has an arbitration company the nogatiates between you and the dealer. I was on a first name basis with that guy in Texas. He did all kinds of claims from ford, chevy, ect. from all states. I wish you much luck bro!! My experence was a NIGHTTMARE... however worth it. I got a Jeep that actually ran. My prob was with the computer/engine completely shutting off while driving down the road. It left me stranded many times!!! Hopefully you will have a better experience!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, I didnt need to get a lawer the arbitration guy was "fair." He was neutral. But this was my experience in June 07
Old 12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
From past experience You will have to work with the law of the state that the vehicle is registered in, If that is not the one you’re in it can be a pain, Before Chrysler had their troubles all you had to do was say LL and they would offer a buy back. What kind of trouble are you having? How many documented repair attempts have they made?
You may also check with bigbluejk he may be able to offer some help.
Good luck
I have taken it to the dealer about eight times total, 6 being for the evap system. Pretty much every code possible has been thrown. the other two were just random things. I am pretty sure i could fix the issue myself but i know that as soon as i touch it they will wash their hands of the issue. I honestly dont want to lose my jeep, just want them to fix it. Being in the military, it will be nearly impossible to deal with the issue in another state. Thanks for all the advise and experience guys

Quick Reply: Lemon law advice??