Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Left front brake is dragging after new pads

Old 08-10-2015, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left front brake is dragging after new pads

Yesterday I put new front brake pads on the rig. Drove to the store and smelled brakes burning and smoke coming from left front wheel. There is no leaking from the break lines. Went home bleed all four brake lines, brake fluid was a little dark to. greased the slides where the pads set, checked the metal clips for damage, no signs. Piston pushes out when brakes are applied when caliper is off the rotors. both mounting bolts float freely. Reinstalled caliper and bolted it down. When I applied the brake peddle and then released it while the front end was jacked up I could not spin the front left wheel freely. put the tire back on and could rotate the tire a little easier but it wasn't moving a freely as the right front tire. I think the left front caliper might be bad or the brake line. Any other Ideas? Input is appreciated!

Last edited by puppetmaster; 08-10-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the pads able to move freely in the caliper bracket or are they wedged in there?

Quick Reply: Left front brake is dragging after new pads