Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

leaking

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking

just put on a used top I bought the first rain we had and my carpet is soaked , cleaned it up and turned water hose on it and water is pouring in around the front doors , on the top where the door close onto the surrounds and top meet any ideas on how to fix or something to look for would be great
Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JK with half doors did the same exact thing. Ended up doing a water test kind of like what you did and found the source. While I had the top down I prepped the leak surface and cleaned it all off and used some black silicone and a flathead screwdriver to fill in the area where water was pooling up. I think it runs behind the a-pillar in some cases as well dripping from right above the dash.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a similar problem - vacuumed 3 gallons from the passenger side, can't find the exact leak location, but pretty sure it's in the front, either around the door pillar or around the windshield - there is water all along the seal on the inside. Taking it to the dealer today.

Quick Reply: leaking