Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Leak stopped by adjusting doors...

Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak stopped by adjusting doors...

After four trips to dealer, major leak above door hinges has been stopped. After replacing the header seal and the stripping on the sides my Jeep still leaked. After speaking with the head guy in charge, he suggested moving the door hinges and striker bolt as the next step. It made the doors SUPER tight. I mean you push the button and they spring open. I'm a little concerned with the long term problems from this, any thoughts?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

I don't see how it could hurt anything. My doors are that tight too and I like it. I think you've found the best solution.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just thought maybe it would put too much strain on the latch mechanism or possibly warp the door, seeing how they move only the top set of hinges and not the bottom.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hayden911
I just thought maybe it would put too much strain on the latch mechanism or possibly warp the door, seeing how they move only the top set of hinges and not the bottom.
I agree. You might try fine-tuning the adjustment to see if the leak can be stopped without pulling everything up so tight.

Quick Reply: Leak stopped by adjusting doors...