Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

leak fixed?

Old 01-13-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak fixed?

I had the common leak over the door handles on my 07.
I was going to fix it myself with the weather stripping but it is too cold for adhesives. I was tired of sitting in water every morning so I took my Jeep to a local dent shop.

The guy there rolled down the windows, placed a bit of 2x4 in the door (below the bottom of the window in the door jam) and pushed HARD on the top of the door - he had the Jeep rocking from pushing so hard. I was pretty much like this:

This morning, however, no water. We will see how it progresses over the week. He said there is a bulletin about it and that is the recommended fix.

If I weren't there I never would have known but it was a little nerve-wracking to see.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak

That is an old fix that has been around as long as car doors have been.
Most shops will not do it in front of a customer because it does look bad, but it is effective.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if they could only do that to my rear window, Freedom top center front, passenger pillar and drivers side sill my JK would be completely waterproof!

Quick Reply: leak fixed?