Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Knocking In Pedals

Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this thread. I am gonna try it this weekend

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/attention-all-clunky-steering-people-11927/
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JTEE07SAHARA
Hey Guys!

This is sort of a tricky thing to explain without actually "feeling" it...but has ANYONE else felt a sort of "knocking" or "creaking" sensation in the gas pedal!!?? I feel it a lot over bumps, it sort of rattles and sometimes I can feel it all the way up through the steering column. It seems to be especially bad in warm weather, and is quite annoying.
I am experiencing the same thing and it is driving me nuts. It has been to the dealer and they replaced the steering stabilizer but it did not fix the problem...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. The bigger problem is getting it hot enough so the problem is there when you drop it at the dealer. They will not take the time to get it hot enough to make the noise despite what you tell them. Of course, that may be because I believe my service advisor won the "I couldn't be less interested in my job award" . YMMV. The same advisor also told me that intermediate shafts "NEVER" fail on jeeps, oh and that he wouldn't be interested in reading anything from the net about the problem. Nice customer service. 5 Star my ass!

I will be going back probably on a Saturday, when I can get it good and hot and make a tech ride with me to experience it themselves.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

same thing here, 2010 6k miles

I asked the dealer at last service they told me it was normal.

I think I will use this info the next time I go for service , thanks !
Old 06-06-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

I did the steps posted in the link in my last post and the problem is fixed no more knocking
Old 06-06-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Problem seems fixed for now, it was the bolt on the lower intermediate shaft that was loose

Quick Reply: Knocking In Pedals