Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

knocking

Old 04-24-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knocking

Hey guys,
So I came home last night to find my jeep had rolled out of the driveway and half way into the street. I had it in gear and the E-brake must have slipped out?
It rolled backwards about 20' when it was still in first gear. When I started it up the engine started knocking. I am trying to figure out what the hell could have happened. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was another forum about this and the same thing happened except the guy was in 4th. In one of he responses another guy who had it happen just drove around for a bit (I think about 2 miles) and the knocking stopped. It all had something to do with the compression I think. Again, I'm just going off of memory from the other forum, If I find it I'll post it.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone take your Jeep for a joy ride last night & beat the piss out of it?
Old 04-24-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Slap

Now don't beat me on this- the jeep is in a forward gear, it rolls Backwards, hitch, hitch, oil pulled of filter, drain back valve sticks, not pressurizing at first. producing knock. Since bearings don't "heal" themselves, I go with the filter....

Quick Reply: knocking