Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Keyless Remote not working

Old 03-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

These issues now and in the past remind me of a conversation with a dealer service manager I know. What he said is it is quite common for the CANBUS modules in the Jeeps (in this case) to become out of sync with each other and they actually reset all the modules with WiTech software when Jeeps with strange problems come in - warranty or not. This is after determining that they will not have to throw parts at it. He is going to get mine done as it has an extra Mocan module for the Chev V8 that needs to be fully integrated into the CANBUS network. It also did funny things prior like not take some JScan settings but did take others etc etc.
The WiTech software is really expensive at about $1500 as it is the dealer software but it is really the only one that can do what I am talking about and that is reconfiguring all the modules in the vehicle. And this subject is going to appear many many more times as the Jeeps get older and dunked more in rivers and mud holes.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,634 Posts

subscribed
Old 02-24-2023, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Over the last 2 weeks comma I have been locked out twice. I left the doors unlocked with the keys inside. When I came back the doors were locked. Fortunately I had a window open enough to allow us to use a stick to open the door latch. I replaced one of the remote batteries comma and I will pick up another soon. Obviously, this is a problem I want to fix as soon as possible. People with other brand cars tell me they've had similar problems when their batteries in the remotes become weak.

Quick Reply: Keyless Remote not working