Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Keep it, trade it, or dump it? What should I do?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
congrats on your new rig!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think its a much better decision than lemon laws..
and I agree aboitu the fun factor... more than once I have gone and
buy a jeep.. love my jeep..
darn I want to be able to haul stuff... buy a pickup.. oh crap I miss my jeep.
buy another jeep love my jeep
oh darn I want to haul stuff.. buy a pickup.. miss my jeep.
bought another jeep.. keep the jeep love the jeep..
Borrow a friends truck to haul stuff
-Christopher
My solution to this very same problem

To the OP: glad things worked out for you, it must have been real discouraging working thru this problem. I'm glad you were able to stay with Jeep, and I hope all the best! Hope your new Jeep is the best Jeep ever!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	579297  

Last edited by IRubicon; 10-10-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northlander
Well, I made a decision. Earlier in the week, i had made a deal on a very nice 2014 FX4 F150, but yesterday I decided to make one last stop at the Jeep dealer. They actually stepped up and worked a pretty darned good deal on a trade for a new Rubicon. I am going to keep my tires, wheels, soft top, bumpers, winch, lights, etc and bolt it all to the new one. It is getting a 3.5" AEV lift installed Monday and I pick up Tuesday. While the F150 is a fantastic truck, it just did not have the fun factor. All in all I am satisfied with the outcome. We will give Jeep one more try but if this one has issues, then no more Chrysler products ever again. Pictures on Tueday after I get it back.
. I'm glad you made a decision on the jeep and hope u hav some good times with the new jeep.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I sure hope this one is better than the last one. My 2013 was literally the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned ( I have owned dozens of vehicles). Honestly, I had a very nice F150 picked out, but my wife actually wanted the white Rubicon instead of the F150. When we bought the 2013, she wanted a white Rubicon, but we could not find one. Tomorrow is our 25th aniversary, so I guess this one is her aniversary present!

I'm going into it with a positive attitude anyway!

Should be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. It is getting the lift installed and my my aftermarket stuff transferred to the new one.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks guys. I sure hope this one is better than the last one. My 2013 was literally the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned ( I have owned dozens of vehicles). Honestly, I had a very nice F150 picked out, but my wife actually wanted the white Rubicon instead of the F150. When we bought the 2013, she wanted a white Rubicon, but we could not find one. Tomorrow is our 25th aniversary, so I guess this one is her aniversary present!

I'm going into it with a positive attitude anyway!

Should be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. It is getting the lift installed and my my aftermarket stuff transferred to the new one.
hard to beat a white rubicon lol.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I picked up the new Rubicon last night. I really have my fingers crossed that this one will be better than the last one. If not, no more Chrysler products for me. I'll be optimistic at this point though...

Old 10-16-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up the new Rubicon last night. I really have my fingers crossed that this one will be better than the last one. If not, no more Chrysler products for me. I'll be optimistic at this point though...

So your post with the cam sensor issue persuaded me not to get a new 2013. It had 15000 miles and threw a check engine light once due to the cam sensor connector. They replaced it that one time and hasn't had any issues since but the vehicle was lemoned because I guess the owner knew how to manipulate the system. But your issue made me wonder if the sensor would fail again and need repair later on. Makes me a little sad though as it only had about 15k miles on it and was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt touch a previously lemoned vehicle with a 10 foot pole... if it was simply a repurchase by chrysler from a crybaby thats one thing.. but if it went through a lemon proceeding enough to have litigation brought.. (even if settled).. the vehicle in most states has to be sold out of state.. and in some cases its required they have an R-title which automatically voids any and all factory warranties which may have applied.. if a dealer offers a 3rd party warranty for such a vehicle.. those companies are shady and will do anything they can to not pay for a repair....

-Christopher
Old 10-19-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
I wouldnt touch a previously lemoned vehicle with a 10 foot pole... if it was simply a repurchase by chrysler from a crybaby thats one thing.. but if it went through a lemon proceeding enough to have litigation brought.. (even if settled).. the vehicle in most states has to be sold out of state.. and in some cases its required they have an R-title which automatically voids any and all factory warranties which may have applied.. if a dealer offers a 3rd party warranty for such a vehicle.. those companies are shady and will do anything they can to not pay for a repair....

-Christopher
Supposedly it still has remaining factory warranty with an additional 1 year unlimited mile warranty. Oh well. I passed on it.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good call to pass on that one. I had a buddy who bought a used Dodge minivan that had been lemon lawed back to Dodge. They told him it was fixed. Guess what? It was not. They ended up lemon lawing it back to them a second time.

Quick Reply: Keep it, trade it, or dump it? What should I do?