Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Just Changed to Mobil 1 @1138miles

Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthemAVM
Jeep had a program on the 2010 that you got all service for the first 36,000 miles, but you needed to buy during a certain period and finance with GMAC.

Seems funny that you needed to finance with GMAC.
I called my dealer yesterday. I did finance through GMAC and I do get all the 'regularly scheduled mainteance' for 'free' for the first 36,000 miles BUT they are already throwing around disclaimers such as tire rotations are not included (F&I guy told me there were) and that I only have 12 free oil changes and can choose to use them when I want....of course brake work isn't included, but rarely will any dealer change out the pads or cut the rotors at thier cost.

This is from JEEP.com

Jeep® Maintenance

Peace of Mind. On road and off.
Purchase a new 2010 Jeep® vehicle, with financing through GMAC, and receive the Jeep® Complete Confidence Program that offers up to 36,000 miles or three-years of regularly scheduled maintenance at no extra charge.

Program Period:

November 3, 2009 through January 4, 2010
Old 12-27-2009, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default If it is not a written guarantee it is neither real or

enforceable. My humble experience with "free" (meaning you prepaid it in the purchase price) service from BMW is that they will change your oil once per year. I change my synthetic oil and filter every 5K miles so I do get a few but not many free oil changes.

Nada on the Jeep as it is an "old" one, six months old 2009.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get free oil changes for the first 100,000 miles but you have to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Just Changed to Mobil 1 @1138miles