Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

joined the gas tank spill club

Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad that I am not alone. My 08 Rubicon pukes gas out the filler too. The nozzle won't stay latched as well, I have to hold it on and it still auto shuts off constantly, depending on the gas station and pump.

Mike
Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Excerpts from my 2007 warranty book....

Parts Covered for 7yrs or 70,000 miles

Wrangler
-ABS control module-3.8 Automatic
-Co-Extruded plastic fuel tank(18&21gallon)3.8L Automatic

Doesn't say anything about a deductable.In fact where it refers to get warranty service from dealer it says they cannot charge you for any diagnosis,parts or labor.

Maybe this appls only to california, im not sure, maybe ronjenx can figure it out.

Anyway, I just patched up my passenger side cracked manifold, I got the driver side done under warranty at 28,000m, I'm at 67,000m now and its been cracked awhile, just got worse.
My fuel tank spits like the rest, I've just learned to slow it wayyyy down to put the last few gallons in.Sucks.
Do you have this in an electronic form, that can be used to print or email to my dealership?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has done this 3 times in a row now, not sure why it started. Coming up on 70,000 miles.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Got this in the mail

Got this in the mail on friday............

INLET CHECK VALVE EXTENDED WARRANTY
FOR 2007-2008 JEEP WRANGLER

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on certain 2007-2008 model year Jeep Wrangler vehicles has been extended to include lifetime coverage to repair a certain condition that may occur during refueling of the vehicle.

We are extending the warranty period because some of the affected vehicle population may experience fuel spilling out of the filler port during refueling, typically after the fuel fill station nozzle has automatically shut off. If you are experiencing this condition now or in the future, simply contact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Conversely, if you do not experience this condition, then your fuel fill system is operation correctly and no repair is necessary.

If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact Chrysler Canada Assistance Center at 1-800-465-2001. Or write to Customer Assistance Centre. PO Box 1621, Windsor, Ontario N9A 4H6

If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have your vehicle repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the address for reimbursement.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if necessary.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

Thank you again for your loyalty.

Chrysler Canada Inc.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

mine did this all winter, but stopped as the weather started to warm.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a Sahara 4dr 2007 that I bought used a little more than a month ago. Noticed this problem when I filled its tank but it stopped when I started using the low-flow setting of the gas pump's nozzle.
The pumps have three to four "stops" where we rest a small lever that pops when tank is full. I set the lever in the first stop, not the last one. This sets a lower flow that takes a bit longer to fill the tank, but I haven't had any problems since then.
Anyone else tried that?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daubie
Got this in the mail on friday............

INLET CHECK VALVE EXTENDED WARRANTY
FOR 2007-2008 JEEP WRANGLER

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on certain 2007-2008 model year Jeep Wrangler vehicles has been extended to include lifetime coverage to repair a certain condition that may occur during refueling of the vehicle.

We are extending the warranty period because some of the affected vehicle population may experience fuel spilling out of the filler port during refueling, typically after the fuel fill station nozzle has automatically shut off. If you are experiencing this condition now or in the future, simply contact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Conversely, if you do not experience this condition, then your fuel fill system is operation correctly and no repair is necessary.

If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact Chrysler Canada Assistance Center at 1-800-465-2001. Or write to Customer Assistance Centre. PO Box 1621, Windsor, Ontario N9A 4H6

If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have your vehicle repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the address for reimbursement.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if necessary.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

Thank you again for your loyalty.

Chrysler Canada Inc.
I have a 09 wonder if they will cover me. This is BS!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I have a Sahara 4dr 2007 that I bought used a little more than a month ago. Noticed this problem when I filled its tank but it stopped when I started using the low-flow setting of the gas pump's nozzle.
The pumps have three to four "stops" where we rest a small lever that pops when tank is full. I set the lever in the first stop, not the last one. This sets a lower flow that takes a bit longer to fill the tank, but I haven't had any problems since then.
Anyone else tried that?
That's what I do but I think im calling the dealership and see if they'll replace it after reading this.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been waiting on my tank to come on for almost 4 months now. Stealership says there isnt any info on when it is going to come in. What a joke
Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 AM
jdk
JK Freak

My 07 has been doing it fom months now

Quick Reply: joined the gas tank spill club