Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK Won't start after stalling

Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation JK Won't start after stalling

My buddy Sarzilla's JK Stalled this morning and now the damn thing won't start. He doesnt have access to a computer so I'm posting this up for him.
It's an 07' JK X, 5-speed 2-door.

When he tries to start the engine, it makes a load noise ....sort of like an engine shutting down but a hell of a lot louder!!!

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? We're headed to the trail tomorrow and the dealer can't look at it until next week. The battery is fine. HELP!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When all else fails, reboot! Pull the positive cable off the battery and leave it, I think 1/2 an hour is enough, it will reset the computer, maybe that will help. can't hurt. That is the best I can do for you from here.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

have you tried giving it a "tug" in second gear with the ignition on just to turn the gears and starter over.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

No but we can try that....Let's see what will happen!

Quick Reply: JK Won't start after stalling