Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

jk shakes and shivers at a stop??? help

Old 05-20-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk shakes and shivers at a stop??? help

so i have noticed that my jeep will shake or shivver sometimes when the motor is runninf, im in drive, and im stopped, like at a red light. is this a normal thing for an 09 jk? it doesnt happen every time but enough for me to notice! thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
so i have noticed that my jeep will shake or shivver sometimes when the motor is runninf, im in drive, and im stopped, like at a red light. Is this a normal thing for an 09 jk? It doesnt happen every time but enough for me to notice! Thanks
my 08 does the same worse in reverse ive found took to dealer they replaced egr gasket but that didnt seem to do much its a bad vibration drives me nuts any input is well appreciated thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default question?

are you guys noticing this when the A/C or defrost selector is in the on position?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

I know on a truck I had before I had the same problem. It turned out I needed to clean my throttle body.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens to my 08 Rubicon also. I usually put it in neutral and it stops shivering. My theory (I may be wrong) is that my brakes are a little worn and my jeep is trying to move forward so it shivers.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiKing
It happens to my 08 Rubicon also. I usually put it in neutral and it stops shivering. My theory (I may be wrong) is that my brakes are a little worn and my jeep is trying to move forward so it shivers.
Pretty unlikely. Loading the brakes more will tell you if thats the case or not. Idling engine in gear doesn't take very much to hold completely still. Certainly less than it does to stop the vehicle from 50mph.

I haven't had any issue, but more than likely is hard or not noticeable with a manual.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive had this happen a few times too. It feels like the engine is about to die or something. I would think it has something to do with enough air getting to the engine i.e. air filter or throttle body. I haven't looked into it as it has only happened to me a few times.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubyRed44
Ive had this happen a few times too. It feels like the engine is about to die or something. I would think it has something to do with enough air getting to the engine i.e. air filter or throttle body. I haven't looked into it as it has only happened to me a few times.
x2 same here turned out to be air filter was pretty fithy. But at $22.00 a pop on the air filter I've ordered the aftermarket oil saturated type ( no name for advertizing ).

Last edited by 4whelin; 05-20-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

i feel like it almost feels as though im about to run outof gas or something, like the jeep just shakes. it doesnt happen when im moving and i no the feeling of the creeping foward when the brakes are worn, and its not that.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the plugs or if you got some bad gas ?

Quick Reply: jk shakes and shivers at a stop??? help