Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK And Huge Puddles Done Mix?!?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK And Huge Puddles Done Mix?!?

**TITLE EDIT: Don't Mix**

I've been tearing up this trail near my house for the past few weeks. Its got water holes/puddles 8-12" deep on average that we hit.

1. My front fenders are starting to fall off (ripped off plastic plug facing front.)
2. My horn no longer works as of last nights run.
3. Belt squeals for 1-2 running hours afterwards. (This normal???)

08' Sahara Unlimited 6spd. Pretty much stock: Short bumper, sliders, & KC lights.

Am I just not modded enough? Its not really a tough trail to ride on...

Last edited by emiles1987; 10-14-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

the fenders coming off happens, iv seen it a couple of times. just online and buy some new clips, then you can pop them back on whenever. im not sure about the other stuff.

...im sure you know this but if you like playing in the water and hitting deep water fast i would recommend a snorkel. cheap insurance for hydrolock.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how "hard" are you hitting these trails? if your fenders are ripping off I would think that would be from flat out beating your Jeep on the trail unless you have some oversized tires with no lift? (33's or 35's), if your belt is squeeling for a few hours after the run that would lead me to believe you are pushing it to hard and are starting to fray up your serpentine belt. The horn not working makes sense, if it got to wet you could have blown the fuse, check that out and see.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red08JK
how "hard" are you hitting these trails? if your fenders are ripping off I would think that would be from flat out beating your Jeep on the trail unless you have some oversized tires with no lift? (33's or 35's), if your belt is squeeling for a few hours after the run that would lead me to believe you are pushing it to hard and are starting to fray up your serpentine belt. The horn not working makes sense, if it got to wet you could have blown the fuse, check that out and see.
I'm probably pushing it harder than I should be . Its the water pressure thats pulling the fenders off. I'm running 32's.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it the plastic plug that holds the upper rear of the fender liner in place? Mine were falling off too - There was either a TSB or recall on them, and I had the dealer perform it. They were replaced with a funny looking metal nut. Those work a lot better.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would also recommend that you look closely at your belt. It may just be the water but make sure it is not getting worn and stretched. As to your horn, is it not working at all or just quiet? I would check to be sure it is not full of water as I have filled mine before and just emptied and dried it out. Hope this helps..
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doc Highway
I would also recommend that you look closely at your belt. It may just be the water but make sure it is not getting worn and stretched. As to your horn, is it not working at all or just quiet? I would check to be sure it is not full of water as I have filled mine before and just emptied and dried it out. Hope this helps..

Thanks for the advice, it is very quiet, so it probably is filled with water.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your horn got some water in it. Same thing happened to me
Old 10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

I have all the same problems. my fenders are so loose cause I haven't gotten new clips. im just gonna upgrade to some XRC armor fenders!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j33p4life
I have all the same problems. my fenders are so loose cause I haven't gotten new clips. im just gonna upgrade to some XRC armor fenders!
I kinda wanna chop mine but with the recent issues I'm leaning towards BW flats

Quick Reply: JK And Huge Puddles Done Mix?!?