Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK CB Antenna help

Old 03-01-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK CB Antenna help

I have no clue where to mount this thing. Any ideas or pictures so I can figure something out. I need to keep it low too cause I live someplace with a parking garage.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 3' mounted on the spare tire carrier. Others have a 4' mounted on the license plate holder. Either way it's best to have it at least 12" higher than your top. You could get a quick disconnect and take it off before you go into the parking garage.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
...You could get a quick disconnect and take it off before you go into the parking garage.
You have a good point. My parking garage at work has a 7-foot clearance... my Jeep is just shy of that by inches... so there is no chance in heck my antenna is going to fit.

So.... I just leave the antenna off unless I am about to head out for a trail.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I made a mount by bending a piece of 1" wide aluminum stock at 90 degrees in a bench vice. Drilled a couple holes to mount it to bolts that hold stock tire rack on, and another 1/2" hole for a feedthrough RF connector. RF cable comes out through the existing hole for the third brake light wiring. Quick, easy, cheap ($8) ...

Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
You have a good point. My parking garage at work has a 7-foot clearance... my Jeep is just shy of that by inches... so there is no chance in heck my antenna is going to fit.

So.... I just leave the antenna off unless I am about to head out for a trail.
x3 I use quick disconnect. Works like a charm for over 2 years. I actually leave it off in the city, then no one can steal it.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Doctaco6
I have no clue where to mount this thing. Any ideas or pictures so I can figure something out. I need to keep it low too cause I live someplace with a parking garage.
I got mine from NAPA for 7/8 bucks. Bored the hole out a bit and it fits perfect. Then like others said, get a quick disconnect. I can't leave mine on because of my garage, but the disconnect works great.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Look here ...

My Cobra 75 CB and antenna install

Quick Reply: JK CB Antenna help