Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeeps pulls to the right on the highway...

Old 03-01-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeeps pulls to the right on the highway...

My JK is one week old and noticed it pulls slightly to the right on all
roads, but is most noticeable on the highway. I rotated the tires to rule them out and no change... Has anyone heard of this?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Possibly alignment or front end issue. Either way I would take it back to the dealer asap and have them correct it!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think I can take it back since I did a simple Teraflex leveling kit since then. It still pulls to the right... no better or worse. I plan on getting the alignment checked at a local shop this weekend, but I am afraid the results will show that the alignment is still in spec (like what happened with one of the project-JK rides).
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

mine pulls to the grade of the road.... so it can be left or right depending on which angle the road is slanted.

a nuisance... but you get use to it. I tried alignment and it did not correct it. Could be the tires... some tires tend to wander more than others
Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

It just bothers me that I need to hold the steering wheel to the left a bit when I am driving. When I let go, the wheel centers itself (like it should), but then drifts to the right. It's a small nuisance, but it will bug the hell out of me if I can't fix it.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same issue where it pulls to the grade of the road, usually right, but left on roads graded to the left.

I have a theory that with my larger tires the steering damper/stabilizer just isn't strong enough to help fight the influence of the road grade. I have heard the steering damper/stabilizer is a bit under valved even stock.

I have an upgraded unit from Zone Offroad, but I haven't installed it yet. I'll post up when I have a chance to install it.

Has anyone else tried this?

-wwiifirearms
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

When you do a lift, you must do an alignment. 35-45 bucks is the average around here.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
When you do a lift, you must do an alignment. 35-45 bucks is the average around here.
Most lift install instructions say that but isn't it known here on the forum that all you really might have to do on a Leveling kit or 2.5 BB lift is maybe a minor steering wheel adjustment???
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may have a brake pad rubbing on a rotor since you are only a week old, take the jeep out and do several long firm stops from 35-45 to zero to break in the pads good. Any budget boost (pucks)under 2'' will not require a alignment. Watch your tire pressures. Make sure they are the same on each axle. Make sure you are in 2WD on dry roads. Road crown, as previously mentioned is often the culprit in a drift, but the symptoms will change as you change lanes. If you have to hold the wheel to maintain lane position then you need your toe set.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I have to hold the steering wheel 10-15 degrees to the left at all times to maintain lane position. Once I let go, the wheel straightens itself and the vehicle starts migrating to the right. I will have the toe checked this weekend and report back.

Quick Reply: Jeeps pulls to the right on the highway...