Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are Jeep's made from crap?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
It's called trolling. Go to forum passionate about their subject and call it crap. Just stop feeding the troll and it will move on...
Yeah, that was my first thought too. It was especially obvious when he was talking about the SRT8 MPG.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LOVE my JK.

No problems, performance and value are awesome.

Every manufacterer has lemons and some problems. My JK has been over 20k trouble free miles.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
Ok, I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh! Of course it happens, whats the big deal about the frost....get rid of your Jeep if you don't like it.
Look dude, you came onto a forum where 99% of the people active here LOVE their Jeeps, and you say it's made of crap and then bitch and whine about it...at first I was trying to be helpful but now I see that if you're that displeased with it, get rid of it and don't expect any support from a forum dedicated to those that love their JK's

...oh, by the way...did you know they don't have low windshield washer fluid warning lights either?

your joking wright? That is so wrong! I cant believe that is true. come on tell the truth, your joking?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
I think we found the problem with your Jeep. The connection between the seat and steering wheel is fvcked up!
I think I just wet myself

Last edited by macanto66; 03-06-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

To answer the original question: Are Jeep's made from crap?
No. If it they were, we could not sit in them. The smell would be too bad.
All other answers in this thread don't address the original question. (Including mine on page 3, #25)
Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think some posters are being too hard on the OP. If mine turned out to be one of those lemon JK's I would've been pissed and would've asked the same question he did. F$ck Chrysler for providing 1) subpar products and most importantly 2) horrible customer service. Like I said before I got a good JK but I have sympathy for those who got the lemon.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Default good point

I like that you are seeing from other view. Unfortunately alot of complaints are for minor issues that all makes suffer from. My JK is more truck like to me. so I am compromising in a few areas. But offroad it is a goat. I wouldn't want any other rig on the trail. Any. It does everything it is ask to.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The OP complained of speedo sticking and poppingo out of gear and difficulty shifting into 4wd. Those aren't minor issues that all makes suffer and if he got a lemon, it's not unlikely that he'll experience all other kinds of nightmares compounded by terrible customer service. Actually I think customer service is at the center of the dissatisfaction some people have unfortuately experienced. Having technical problems is one thing, but when the company you just gave $25-30k to ignores your complaints regarding their product, it is completely unacceptable.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Being pissed because you bought a lemon is one thing. Attacking the Jeep brand and arrogantly waving your so called accomplishments flag around over and over is another. How could you ever compare a Jeep to anything else on the road...YOU CAN'T! I've had three vehicles in the past and my 09 JK which i just bought 2 weeks ago replaces my 01 Escape. This being my very first Jeep and yes I know it's only been such a short time but I think I'm in love! Despite the water leaking in the rear, the knocking steering column, rough idle, tranny that shutters like a SOB in reverse, I see the true potential that's there.

The jeep is plain old fun to drive and I'm proud to be a jeep owner!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OP was a douche nozzle. THAT is why he got bashed

Quick Reply: Are Jeep's made from crap?