Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are Jeep's made from crap?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what was that about........F*** us all....really. He does realize a good percentage of us on this forum are guys right..........
Old 03-04-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um ok, that was kinda uncalled for..
Old 03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this thread. I noticed it last night when it was first started and almost responded myself but I knew he/she had bit off more than he could chew and decided to watch what happened :-) Seriously, if you want to rag on Jeeps find a Land Rover forum and do your damage there because nobody here wants to hear your whining.

On another note, I took my door's off for the first time today and I have to say, I LOVE MY JEEP!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

My horn sucks, but other than that, I love my Jeep! Now I have to find a mudhole to fall in...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's called trolling. Go to forum passionate about their subject and call it crap. Just stop feeding the troll and it will move on...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hurstrescue

I'm fairly certain the Jeep was not the issue.
Absolutely, dude got some issues
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
I'm sorry you don't like your Rubi...did you purchase used? If not, a trip to the dealer to discuss the trani slipping issue should get you a fix for those issues....but issue number six...well I can't say I support you on that one, you should do a little more research on the proper use of a locker and why you slid on a snow packed road...good luck with the transmission issues though and I really hope you find a way to keep and enjoy your Jeep
I don't think he purchased it used with only 3400 miles on it
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

would suck if he had bought someone's lemon lol
Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine a 07 I had one recall they flash the computer for that. I had no leaks from my top, no real problems and now it has 20k on it. I've checked my brakes last week still good as well as the ball joints. I've had no motor issues such as oil leaks. Maybe I'm lucky here but its a jeep part of the fun owning one is making it better. I'm sure as time goes by we have even better add ons come out. Comparing my JK to my old CJ-5 this rig has some really good improvements and as taking it off road I'm very happy with what it can do. I love the size of the steering links and having rear disc brakes. I know there is lots of things that could have been done better and maybe down the road they will. Over all I love mine and it's a late 07 and right now I would'nt trade it off for anything.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So far my JK's been pretty good. A "hot mode" code came and went at one point, but other than that no problems. I went from the Bay Area to Nevada and back on a single tank last weekend; 21.5 mpg's, with an auto which has 3.73's. Still though I wish it got bettr mileage. Never a leak in either top, even in the recent Bay Area storms. Guess I got one of the good JK's.

Quick Reply: Are Jeep's made from crap?