Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are Jeep's made from crap?

Old 03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, not all Jeeps are made of crap.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What to do? What to do? My JK blew a transmission solenoid at 3500 miles. Yes, I was pissed but I got over it. The driver's side rear door rattles like a SOB! When it is raining water pours out of the gutter on the hardtop right into the floorboard. I don't have remote start or door locks. I don't have run-flat tires, smoke screens, machine guns, or satellite TV in my JK either. Oh wait, I bought a Jeep because they are cool and it's OK to leak, rattle, and be cold sometimes. Jeeps are for Jeep people not Land Rover people. Get a cute lil LR3 and use 4 Lo for going over the speed bumps at the mall. I was a Jet mechanic on the AV8B Harrier in the USMC! I am an accomplished shooter and a GLOCK factory certified armorer. Woo Hoo! I can shoot a flea in the a## at over 800 yards too. My Jeep leaks and rattles. I Love It!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't have any of these problems except that the rpms take a while to fall, thats because of the electronic throttle.. i park outside and regarless of the weather, i don't get the frost on the inside in my hardtop or my softop... the only time i get it is if the top of off over night on a dewwy night.

it does sound like you have a lemon. I've had a few quarks with mine but all have been worked out. And even with 4 inches of lift and 35x12.50 mud tires and 40000 miles on the original plugs, i still get better milage, not by much, but i still do... its lemon, get it replaced and keep it... i love my jeep and even with the quarks, there is simply nothing else like them
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sempermarc
When it is raining water pours out of the gutter on the hardtop right into the floorboard.
Now mine does do that!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09BlackRubiNC
Mine was hard to get into 4 hi also. After reading the manual it says you should be moving 2-3 mph. It shifts right in. Those MPGs sound aweful. I have an auto and mine is around 17-18mpg.
The manual does not say that for 4H. Below is from the manual.

"2H to 4H or 4H to 2H
Shifting between 2H and 4H can be made with the
vehicle stopped or in motion. If the vehicle is in motion,
shifts can be made up to 50 mph (80 km/h). With the
vehicle in motion, the transfer case will engage/
disengage faster if you momentarily release the accelerator
pedal after completing the shift. Apply a constant
force when shifting the transfer case lever."

"4H to 4L or 4L to 4H
With the vehicle rolling at 2 to 3 mph (3 to 5 km/h), shift
an automatic transmission to N (Neutral) or depress the
clutch pedal on a manual transmission. While the vehicle
is coasting at 2 to 3 mph (3 to 5 km/h), shift the transfer
case lever firmly to the desired position. Do not pause in
transfer case N (Neutral)."

"NOTE: Shifting into or out of 4L is possible with the
vehicle completely stopped, however, difficulty may occur
due to the mating teeth not being properly aligned.
Several attempts may be required for clutch teeth alignment
and shift completion to occur. The preferred
method is with the vehicle rolling at 2 to 3 mph (3 to 5
km/h). Avoid attempting to engage or disengage 4L with
the vehicle moving faster than 2 to 3 mph (3 to 5 km/h)."
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Oh, I forgot..

I used to make fun of stupid f-in jeep drivers as I drove past them on the forsest roads while they drove back and forth over the same stupid rock (usually in an area that you need to stay on the road in)

I think I'll keep the Jeep, and find a new forum. I bet most you, at least judging by where half of you live, go off road maybe 3 times a year, and it's probably in some sort of off road park with a bunch of other dip shits.

F you all, I'm out of here.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bendista jeeper
I used to make fun of stupid f-in jeep drivers as I drove past them on the forsest roads while they drove back and forth over the same stupid rock (usually in an area that you need to stay on the road in)

I think I'll keep the Jeep, and find a new forum. I bet most you, at least judging by where half of you live, go off road maybe 3 times a year, and it's probably in some sort of off road park with a bunch of other dip shits.

was it something we said?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

I'm fairly certain the Jeep was not the issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

someone should get bendista a whamburger and some french cries!!! or maybe call the whambulance!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

thats funny coming from a guy with a stock JK

Last edited by Piginajeep; 03-04-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Are Jeep's made from crap?