Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are Jeep's made from crap?

Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya man no problem!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had no problems with my 2000, my 2004, or my 2010. But, my 2007 had some issues. Most notably the manual transmission problem. Wouldn't want to go into 2nd gear.

My 2013? Passenger door latch needed adjustment because the door was not flush with the body. Grill sits in further on one side than the other. Makes an awful exhaust noise. Sounds like a '92 Honda Accord. Goes away when it warms but come on! It shouldn't be that hard to figure out what's wrong with it! It must have been put together on somebody's Friday. Still love it though.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love my 2008 JKU

I am sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your JK. I had a solenoid go out in my transmission at 2500 miles and yes I was pissed about that but the dealership fixed it with no problems. Now I have a 4 inch lift with 35's. It does burn a quart and a half of oil between 5k mile oil changes. I had an axle seal leak on the right rear (turned out to be an axle/bearing issue) but that was promptly repaired along with a cracked exhaust manifold under the lifetime drivetrain warranty. I once broke the transfer case cable end when I was off-roading but I admit I was beating it up pretty bad. I wasn't to happy when I found out it was a nylon clip holding it together. All that being said, it's a Jeep not a $100k Range Rover. I like my rattles and leaks. I am a Jeep guy.

OH, I hate the Prius too! I have wet dreams of building a Jeep like the "Kraken" and driving over a whole car lot full of them!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sempermarc
I am sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your JK. I had a solenoid go out in my transmission at 2500 miles and yes I was pissed about that but the dealership fixed it with no problems. Now I have a 4 inch lift with 35's. It does burn a quart and a half of oil between 5k mile oil changes. I had an axle seal leak on the right rear (turned out to be an axle/bearing issue) but that was promptly repaired along with a cracked exhaust manifold under the lifetime drivetrain warranty. I once broke the transfer case cable end when I was off-roading but I admit I was beating it up pretty bad. I wasn't to happy when I found out it was a nylon clip holding it together. All that being said, it's a Jeep not a $100k Range Rover. I like my rattles and leaks. I am a Jeep guy.

OH, I hate the Prius too! I have wet dreams of building a Jeep like the "Kraken" and driving over a whole car lot full of them!
Yep. I don't mind noises either. Only thing I need to fix in my jeep is a persistent clunk in the front end. I think I have to 're torque every bolt underneath.

Quick Reply: Are Jeep's made from crap?