Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are Jeep's made from crap?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Locklain
Could be like GM and be majority owned by the government.
Yeah def not a fan of that either.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not the revival of this thread again....

GearWhore, I'm sorry your Rubicon has had so many issues...sounds alot like your dealer is letting you down
The leaking top should be a fast easy fix by the dealer, there shouldn't be a need to reproduce this at all. The oil puddle sounds like they just didn't tighten the filter down...ask me how I know Don't let those deter you from loving your Jeep.
But the transmission....I'm not sure whats going on there.
I want you to love your Jeep too. give her another chance?

By the way, welcome to the forum, stick around for awhile

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 11-09-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: edit rubicon instead of sahara, my bad
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

What t are the Lemon Laws like in Utah?

You might want to start building your case.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

I have not read this whole thread but DUDE the OP was a troll. Come on.

If the guy did own landrovers he would not be gripping about only 30K on a jeep and if he was actually was a decent mechanic he'd be repairing the issues or at least able to tell the dealer how to handle it. And not even understandng that MPG is not the same onroad vs. offroad and believing 23MPG in a SVT8.
Unless you had fun with this guy and did not take him seriouly this thread served no purpose.

Last edited by toymaster; 11-09-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
not the revival of this thread again....

GearWhore, I'm sorry your Sahara has had so many issues...sounds alot like your dealer is letting you down
The leaking top should be a fast easy fix by the dealer, there shouldn't be a need to reproduce this at all. The oil puddle sounds like they just didn't tighten the filter down...ask me how I know Don't let those deter you from loving your Jeep.
But the transmission....I'm not sure whats going on there.
I want you to love your Jeep too. give her another chance?

By the way, welcome to the forum, stick around for awhile
Sahara what?! Ha. I'm pretty sure the puddle was the result of the filter, but I made sure those dumb-asses were the ones to fix it. I keep giving this Jeep chances and he keeps letting me down. It is nice to have doors that are actually designed to come off (always was a pain getting the gaps right again on the 2dr Cherokee).

I'm also having ghost-in-the-computer issues, but those never seem to replicate at the dealer (outside temp sensor jumps around through about 10 deg on cold mornings for about the first 5-10 min, ESP light likes to flash on and off when driving straight on dry roads sometimes, or stays on until I turn off the vehicle and let it sit for a while, fuel gauge sometimes jumps 1/4 tank randomly, etc...).

I guess I'm especially frustrated because all of these seem like minor issues (and I don't want to seem like a whiner) but they keep adding up and have been since about 700 miles, and the dealer(s) haven't been able to help.

This forum has been great though, and I've been reading through posts since before I even got my own JK.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh! Of course it happens, whats the big deal about the frost....get rid of your Jeep if you don't like it.
Look dude, you came onto a forum where 99% of the people active here LOVE their Jeeps, and you say it's made of crap and then bitch and whine about it...at first I was trying to be helpful but now I see that if you're that displeased with it, get rid of it and don't expect any support from a forum dedicated to those that love their JK's

...oh, by the way...did you know they don't have low windshield washer fluid warning lights either?
:rotfl mao2:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GearWhore
Sahara what?! Ha. I'm pretty sure the puddle was the result of the filter, but I made sure those dumb-asses were the ones to fix it. I keep giving this Jeep chances and he keeps letting me down. It is nice to have doors that are actually designed to come off (always was a pain getting the gaps right again on the 2dr Cherokee).

I'm also having ghost-in-the-computer issues, but those never seem to replicate at the dealer (outside temp sensor jumps around through about 10 deg on cold mornings for about the first 5-10 min, ESP light likes to flash on and off when driving straight on dry roads sometimes, or stays on until I turn off the vehicle and let it sit for a while, fuel gauge sometimes jumps 1/4 tank randomly, etc...).

I guess I'm especially frustrated because all of these seem like minor issues (and I don't want to seem like a whiner) but they keep adding up and have been since about 700 miles, and the dealer(s) haven't been able to help.

This forum has been great though, and I've been reading through posts since before I even got my own JK.
Oh jesus, sorry about that, total slip of my mind....your RUBICON. (My bad, I'll go edit that)

Hmmm...definately start documenting these things and like Spinlock suggests, worst comes to worst, head down the lemon law road (not yellow brick)
Could just be bad luck...
At least you seem very reasonable...not sure if you read through this whole thread, but the original poster was not reasonable at all, disrespectful to boot...that's why this thread had bad mojo on it.
You seem like you actually do want to be happy with your Jeep, I think the dealer is making situations worse for you...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Detonatorunlimited
:rotfl mao2:
... you just had to find that one hey

Yes, the original OP was in most opinions a troll....coming on this forum and pissing on all of us...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

... you just had to find that one hey

Yes, the original OP was in most opinions a troll....coming on this forum and pissing on all of us...
I was hoping this thread was deleted, this one brings back bad memories.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Its a Jeep man! We buy em because we are mechanically inclined and we want to stay that way.

Quick Reply: Are Jeep's made from crap?