Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Won't Start

Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Novae21
Well I put a grounding wire from my batt to the alternator and so far so good , wish me luck!
Where did you connect the ground on the alternator and how did you run the wire? I just started having this issue saw that my Battery terminal were a bit rusted and had some corossion.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattr

Where did you connect the ground on the alternator and how did you run the wire? I just started having this issue saw that my Battery terminal were a bit rusted and had some corossion.
I put it on a stud that mounts it to the engine. It has went for a month and worked fine but did it again this morning.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Novae21
I put it on a stud that mounts it to the engine. It has went for a month and worked fine but did it again this morning.
Do you have any pics? Mine started this about two months ago and I have been scratching my head on it. New battery and I thought it might be starter but this sounds a bit more likely.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

My Jeep did a crank/no start a few times and an additional ground didn't help. Dealer warranteed the Wireless Control Module and no problems since.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

My 07 still has the no start issue I have tried almost everything with no luck, guess its off to the dealer.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Took the jeep into the dealer and they said they think it's the WCM no codes just wishful thinking. They want $540 ! That's a lot for a guess but I have tried everything else and am out of options. They are also putting a grounding strap from the starter to the frame, I have already put on 2.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tslewisz
My Jeep did a crank/no start a few times and an additional ground didn't help. Dealer warranteed the Wireless Control Module and no problems since.
What year is your jeep?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I have an 07 & it does the same thing

took it in (dealer) 3 different time they check my starter and said it was fine so they said I need a new battery, so I bought a big one (mopar) . the same problem happend the next day! took it in the next week and then they said it was the starter??? I bought a starter because they said the code popped up this time, 2 hours and $750 later (battery and starter) it did it agian so right then and there I called the dealer and ripped them a new ass!!!!! went home google a dozen forums about this, found out its been going on for a long time to ALOT of JKs. Called to speak with the Dealer shop manager & he played stupid said he was not aware of this issue, said he'd look into it, I had to call him back! said it 'might' be one of like 7 things, starter , battery, module, sensors, main computer , ignition switch etc! trial and error..... I got a new battery and starter and it still does it. I found that if I make sure the radio is off , push in the ignition while I turn the key and if it does that agian I shift from park to neutral a few times fast and then turn the key and it starts every time . Good luck
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MiJKguy
took it in (dealer) 3 different time they check my starter and said it was fine so they said I need a new battery, so I bought a big one (mopar) . the same problem happend the next day! took it in the next week and then they said it was the starter??? I bought a starter because they said the code popped up this time, 2 hours and $750 later (battery and starter) it did it agian so right then and there I called the dealer and ripped them a new ass!!!!! went home google a dozen forums about this, found out its been going on for a long time to ALOT of JKs. Called to speak with the Dealer shop manager & he played stupid said he was not aware of this issue, said he'd look into it, I had to call him back! said it 'might' be one of like 7 things, starter , battery, module, sensors, main computer , ignition switch etc! trial and error..... I got a new battery and starter and it still does it. I found that if I make sure the radio is off , push in the ignition while I turn the key and if it does that agian I shift from park to neutral a few times fast and then turn the key and it starts every time . Good luck
I have on 08 and had to take it twice to the dealer. First they replaced starter and then the heat shield for the starter. That did not work. They finally changed the trans range switch and it has seemed to have solved the problem. It starts right up.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by erocks
I have on 08 and had to take it twice to the dealer. First they replaced starter and then the heat shield for the starter. That did not work. They finally changed the trans range switch and it has seemed to have solved the problem. It starts right up.
trans range switch ? whats that and how much?

Quick Reply: Jeep Won't Start