Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep wont start

Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep wont start

So its been raining alot lately but the jeep has been in the garage I drove it to work today after a long three day weekend went to work just fine stopped for gas on the way home jumped back into start it and nothing not even a click like others have reported. Had it towed to the dealer they said it has happened to them a few times in the past with other jk's and it is the security system computer. So now my rubi is setting in the dealer garage waiting on parts and I am now the proud rental owner of a Dodge Caliber what a POS. I am just curious if anyone else has had any similar issues like this.

Last edited by knyland; 10-13-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same issue. The starter was replaced, and it took care of it. My dealer was great about it. They offered me another JK to drive, but I have plenty of cars and I didn't need it. I have had more than the average problems with my JK, but I still love it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had no lights, nothing, relay would not close due to no charge, turned out to be a dead cell in the battery.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 AM
jak
JK Newbie

I recently had something similar on a new 09 jk. It turned out to be the "dealer" alarm installed while it was on the lot. They supposedly disabled the alarm with a chip when I didn't want to pay them $600 for it. It began to interfere with starting. It took their alarm tech 2 minutes to remove the entire system and I've had no issues since.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Mine wouldn't start because of the throttle position sensor. Let it set for 3 hours and it started and has never happened again.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

this thread may help.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44507

Quick Reply: Jeep wont start