Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep will not start

Old 09-14-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep will not start

Ok, so last night I went to the store and when I got out put the key into the ignition and it turned part of the way but would not go any further. The jeep has power but will not start. The steering wheel is locked and I have a manual so it is not in park.

I had the kids with me and it was getting late so I have not tried much. Today after work I will try disconnecting the battery and rebooting the computer and try my spare key. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Could it be a fuse? If so, which one?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

unfortunately, you're not alone. here's a thread that might be useful to you:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...p-Not-Starting
Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Also I have do not have the power group option. This means there is no alarm and it has roll up windows and locks.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

I had some difficulty with my 2007 not starting.
Turned out to be an electrical glitch that caused the security function to go off-keeping the jeep from starting, etc. I searched the JK-forum, and found the official TSB, printed it out, and took it to the dealer-they fixed it-at no cost to me- and no problems since.

However, it took me a while to figure it out-I took out my battery, charged it over night, then it started. Happened again-replaced my battery, thinking it was not keeping the charge-it started, then it happened again-searched the JK-forum and, armed with the TSB report, went to the dealer and it was fixed as above.
It will probably start if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then try again-this should be enough for you to get to the dealer and get it looked at.

Hope this helps....

This was my problem. (so far): http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...e-wcm-skreem-2

Last edited by shhog; 09-14-2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: More information
Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're problem is the ignition not turning all the way, then either you need to wiggle the steering wheel (interference with the steering lock) or your ignition switch has an issue. I think

Quick Reply: Jeep will not start