Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Upgrade Question

Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Upgrade Question

What can i modify on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Islander and it still be under warrranty?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

call jeep.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scastlet
What can i modify on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Islander and it still be under warrranty?
....you could add some grab handles

Seriously though...heavily debated topic...depends a lot on your specific dealership and what they decide they'll warranty against lifts, gears, mods, etc.

Start by just adding accessories like grab handles, upper dash panel, cb, etc and then go from there. It will only be a matter of time before you just lift it anyway and throw some bigger tires under it.

Have fun
Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Anything! just fix it yourself
Old 11-03-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it used to be more up to the individual dealership.. but seems lately for anything over a little missing plastic piece on a door handle the dealers are required to call chrysler to get approval to make warranty repairs.... so my guess is first thing chrysler will ask is ..

are there any suspension mods... if the answer is Yes.. im sure the warranty answer will be No!... just seems the way things are going...

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Jeep Upgrade Question