Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep slightly jerks ascending hills

Old 03-02-2020, 01:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep slightly jerks ascending hills

I have a 2018 jku bone stock auto trans. 26k. A couple months ago I notice that when I start to ascend a hill or slight incline and I’m not real heavy in the throttle the Jeep makes a jerking feeling. Doesn’t always do this and sometimes it’s more noticeable than other times. It has done this while cruise control is set. I can switch to the manual changing of gears and it doesn’t do it. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2020, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

I would say to get it on a scanner first. Otherwise it might just be a guessing game. I have had a VW product that gave issues and the dealer gave me a car to use. Then overnight a tech took it home and drove it around town while recording the data in real time. They fixed it based on the codes it gave in real conditions. Perhaps Ma Mopar may do the similar thing with the scanner connected at least then let you loose on the trail again.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Are you 100% sure it's bone stock? Nobody ever put tires on it that are bigger that what it had when it rolled out of the factory?

Quick Reply: Jeep slightly jerks ascending hills