Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Roll bar diameter

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Roll bar diameter

Hey i ordered a new jeep and already started ordering things for it.
i need to know the diameter of the roll bar??
can anyone help??
Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

I was looking for this, too. My new Jeep is on its way and I was looking for a way to mount my GPS to the roll bar. Does anyone know the diameter?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ECHO
You should be able to mount you GPS above the Rear View Mirror, no roll bar across the windshield, atleast not not my 08 ... the roll bars go down the sides of the doors
I was thinking about the top roll bar. I guess I need to wait for the Jeep to get here!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I can't help but think like a Jeeper. I do TrailDamage.com .traildamage.com/members/monica/[/url] is me) but I just sold that TJ. I'm replacing it with a new JK and I'm very excited to get it all set up to go. I just found out that my Jeep will be here the week of 6/7 so I won't miss the wheeling season (well, the wheeling without snow bashing). The new Jeep will be small but I'm looking forward to starting over with a brand new project!

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-27-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: no clicky
Old 11-27-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

anybody know the diameter? i want say its 2' but for some reason i think im wrong. away from the jeep right now. thanks for any info
Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikeReo
anybody know the diameter? i want say its 2' but for some reason i think im wrong. away from the jeep right now. thanks for any info
I hate to unearth this, 3 years later, but instead of starting a new thread, I think its better to pull this up and see if we can answer it here.

I think 2 feet diameter is wrong, likely closer to 2"

Can anyone say for sure? I have heard 2.25". Is it the same diameter throughout the cage, or do cross members measure differently than the outer bars?

I would measure myself but my jeep is at the dealership :(
Old 01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody figure this one out yet? Im trying to get specs for a friend who is building me a tire carrier.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is everyone to lazy to take off the padding and measure it? or even measure it with it on?
Old 01-26-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just thought it was somehow more complicated than just measuring around the tube for an accurate measurement.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by Endocrash
I just thought it was somehow more complicated than just measuring around the tube for an accurate measurement.
Measuring around the tube would be the circumference. If you got that measurement, divide it by 3.14 and that's roughly the diameter. The diameter is the straight line distance through the tube (or a circle if it were cross sectioned). Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Jeep Roll bar diameter