Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

jeep pulls on left or right side when I brake

Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep pulls on left or right side when I brake

Hi, I have a 2 month old jk 2010 and I put 31" on my 16" stock wheels, added a 2.5" rough country spacer lift.

Also I deactivated my ESP and my hill assist.

while on the hightway, I notice that when I brake and dont hold my steering wheel too hard, my jeep pulls to le left or to the right.

Do I have a brake problem or is that a normal thing?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Alex
Old 07-14-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Alex, sometimes this is an indication that your brakes may be sticking. NOt a hrd fix, but if you have not had them apart in a while to lube the slider pins or clean them up a bit, it may be time for a brake check-up. That would include an inspection of your park brake too.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bad is the pull? Sometimes I have a slight drift in mine (not really a pull) but attribute it to the tires tending to grab any pavement imperfection.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

mine does this too but only after I put the 33x12.50's on. where I notice it the most is driving on roads that have a noticable crown or on roads that have ruts from semi's. the slight lift did make it a little worse for me as I seem to get some dump steer at times. how often do you check the torque on your control arms and track bars? a loose track bar can give you some wobble at times.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
Hey Alex, sometimes this is an indication that your brakes may be sticking. NOt a hrd fix, but if you have not had them apart in a while to lube the slider pins or clean them up a bit, it may be time for a brake check-up. That would include an inspection of your park brake too.

I have not taken them apart since I had the jeep...I only have 2500km on it. I will check it out just the same

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alec
How bad is the pull? Sometimes I have a slight drift in mine (not really a pull) but attribute it to the tires tending to grab any pavement imperfection.

The pull is very light and only if I almost let go of the steering wheel.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by funwthmud
mine does this too but only after I put the 33x12.50's on. where I notice it the most is driving on roads that have a noticable crown or on roads that have ruts from semi's. the slight lift did make it a little worse for me as I seem to get some dump steer at times. how often do you check the torque on your control arms and track bars? a loose track bar can give you some wobble at times.

Yeah! it does not do it all the time mostly on damaged roads or roads that are not totally flat. I will check my control arms and bars...Could be since I added the lift

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexkarbo
The pull is very light and only if I almost let go of the steering wheel.
Then I wouldn't worry about it: It's a solid axle Jeep with knobby tires.

Quick Reply: jeep pulls on left or right side when I brake