Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep off - headlights come on randomly and stay on

Old 05-16-2020, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same issue now with my 2012 JKU. Any new ideas?
Old 12-12-2021, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same issue with a 2016 Jeep Patriot I bought my son. I finally noticed when I shook the key fob, it activated things in the car, and this would seem to turn on the headlights for some reason. I removed the battery, and this problem has gone away. That said, I'd like a functional key fob for him, so I don't know if this is really the cure, or just a symptom / band aid of something I haven't fixed yet. Now I'll look for a replacement fob to see if that does the trick.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryno1
My headlights have been coming on randomly when i turn off my jeep, sometimes they turn off by themselves, sometimes they don't and I end up with a dead battery. I've tried turning the switch on and off when I get out to make sure they're off when I walk away, but they've come on after that twice and left me with a dead battery. Any ideas as to what's causing this?
Im having the same issue, did you figure out what it was?

Quick Reply: Jeep off - headlights come on randomly and stay on