Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep JK completely slipping on 2H but not on 4WD H

Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old Jeep
No kidding just spoke to the service advisor and they actually have to order about $1600 in parts so guess their overhauling the differential...
Yeah, even if it was just the pinion gear that was damaged you've had shards of metal circulating around in the diff housing and axels so a full overhaul is recommended. Made a mistake years ago where I broke an rear axle shaft on an old car I had and, being young & broke at the time, simply has the shaft replaced & left it at that; didn't take long for the remaining bits of metal from the broken axel shaft to take out the diff centre, the whole thing letting go with a loud BANG late one night when I was doing 80mph on the freeway.

I believe that moment was when I was introduced to the concept of "false economy"...
Old 12-02-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope they get it patched up quickly. Post a pic of that odometer!!!

Quick Reply: Jeep JK completely slipping on 2H but not on 4WD H