Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

jeep interior idea....

Old 07-04-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enzo
Not crazy about, the bench seats, unless the are split and folding center armrest. Got that on the f 250, at work ...thats a comfortable bench seat.
thats what i wanna try and go for. i like my armrests.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Hey JeepDude, did this mod progress anywhere?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd think that the rear bench seat moved to the front would sit too low...maybe fab some brackets to highten it. I think it would be cool, maybe install a fold down arm rest. I think the old chevette's had front bench seats, that might be small enough.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

One thing i didn't realize until today is that if this was done for a two door, there would still need to be access to the rear seats.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by carolinajk
my old bronco had a front bench , i loved it cus the wife could get real close
That would be the only benefit, if I had the wife...
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

That's funny, I was wondering the same thing about a bench seat. After seeing the JK8, I was thinking a bench would be pretty cool in true pickup truck form!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd think it wouldnt be that hard, and cool as hell!!! Take some measurements and stop by a local junkyard to do some scrounging for ideas. Theres nothing cooler than a bence seat IMO
Old 09-23-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Another thing to consider might be the lack of support while off road. Bucket seats keep u from sliding around when you are at an angle.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Bringing this idea back for 2012. Not that hard to install a bench seat. As already mentioned , fabing up some hd seat brackets to the existing mounting points ,obtaining some flexiable seat belt receivers , I know for sure you can use the 2009 Ford F250/350 series belt laps to work with any bench seat setup , not expensive, the entire kit is approx $70, other belt lap kits arte available from other companies.

As far as the bench seat itself, there are many companies that cater to the classic car industry and make their own bench and bucket seats, right down to the frame to the fabric which include leahter and vinyl.

The major pain is the emergency brake, which i render useless anyway, always some issue with it, no matter how many times I adjust it, always seems to never hold the jeeps' weight, my 2 cents. Removing it would be one way, but many states requie it at inspection time.

To overcome this issue , I am currently working with a company that is willing to make the middle of the bench seat bottom to have a concealed flip up built in, enough to reach down to grab the handle, not very hard to do, would not too vissible to the eye , until used.

Nothing like the old fashion bench seats with the inserts, especially in black, would look awsome. there is a dude in my area that has a old classic jeep pickup with a bench seat, looks awsome. As far as the tranny shifter and the T-case shifter , not really an issue, been fabicating brackets that would be high enough to leave an inch or 2 near that area. you can also have the seat fab company design the bench seat to have a wedge built into the seat for the shifters like the pre Nissans and Toyotas had.

As far as price , with all the mods including heavy duty vinyl with inserts, around $300 or cheaper, depending your needs. Not bad considering , all the issues discussed would be resolved.

I like the bench seat look, and this summer will be putting this idea into a reality.

Anyone else that have done something like this ?

** SKULL_FACE **

Quick Reply: jeep interior idea....