Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep died, then came back

Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep died, then came back

Left work and about halfway into my 40 mile ride home the lights in the Jeep began to dim and flicker. About 3 miles out the Jeep shut off completely and I limped onto the shoulder.

I was able to get her running again for a few seconds then it gave out again.

Turned the key and there was nothing. No click click click of the starter, no lights on the dash, nothing.

Popped the hood and jiggled some of the wires near the battery and near the alternator around and tried again. This time she came back roaring back to life and stayed running all the way home.

Tried starting her up again this morning and she was fine, but decided to take another car into work today instead.

Any ideas as to whats going on? I've called Jeep and they told me to bring her in but I wont be able to do so until early next week. I'll pull my plugs, check all my connections, and see if there are any codes on the superchips this weekend but if you guys could point me to anything else I should look at, please do so.

Some variables and info:
2009 unlimited, 9,xxx miles
Superchips programmer, CAI
Cool brisk evening @ 40F
Minor offroading every weekend - 80% fire trails, 20% deep woods and rocks, but nothing within the past two weeks.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44507

Not good news
Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
bkw
JK Freak

*sigh*

and mine is an auto too.. thanks for the link.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

My 07x failed to start 1 time due to a Throttle position sensor ( Looks like a small lightning bolt between 2 backward parenthesis on the instrument panel ) after a few hours if fired up and has given me no issues since. I hope yours is a 1 time problem good luck.

Quick Reply: Jeep died, then came back