Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep at Dealer For Oil Change/Fender Liner Recall/SuperChips Flash?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Holyroller
My Jeep dealer sent me a coupon today for a special $59.95 oil change. But it did include a Mopar oil filter, LOL.
My deal when I bought in April was $18 oil & filter for as long as I own the Jeep. I don't know what cheap oil they're using (going to find out) but in turn I'm not complaining when the oil change light comes on after 5,000 km.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default No free oil changes here and no recall yet

Until the recall goes out from Chrysler, it does not exist. They really don't care what was on the evening news.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't seen any 2010s that has the faulty brake line routing. The only 2010 recall is the overheating temp chime for the automatics.

Last edited by Ryan L; 07-17-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coley
My deal when I bought in April was $18 oil & filter for as long as I own the Jeep. I don't know what cheap oil they're using (going to find out) but in turn I'm not complaining when the oil change light comes on after 5,000 km.
That's a pretty good price for an oil change Coley, particularly from the dealership.

My '09 JK is the second Jeep that I bought from the same dealership and same sales person, so I was able to get them to throw in FREE oil changes every 5,000 km's + FREE tire rotation every 10,000 km's for the next three years
Old 07-17-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got this email spam from the dealer, I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I just bought synthetic and a filter to do it myself.

Lube, Oil & Filter Change
Jeep® $27.95

Includes:

• Engine oil replacement up to 6 qt
• Complete chassis lube
• New Mopar® oil filter
• Fluid level inspection
• Inspect front suspension components
• Synthetic Oil, V10, HEMI® and Diesel engines extra.

Offer Expires 7/31/10
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad_CRC
I just got this email spam from the dealer, I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I just bought synthetic and a filter to do it myself.

Lube, Oil & Filter Change
Jeep® $27.95

Includes:

• Engine oil replacement up to 6 qt
• Complete chassis lube
• New Mopar® oil filter
• Fluid level inspection
• Inspect front suspension components
• Synthetic Oil, V10, HEMI® and Diesel engines extra.
OK, so it's basically an inspection and an oil change... on the stock JK there's nothing to lube on the chassis - everything is non serviceable.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update

Ok, I got paranoid about leaving my SC 87 Octane Flash programmed and leaving my JEEP for a oil change, not knowing if they were gonna flash it for a update

So, we took a 5 minute ride to the dealership (yep, its that close to my house, the kids thought it was cool to stop off at McDonald's on the way, at 11:30 at night for some eats) and with spare key in hand...backed out to stock settings.

That being said...no problem what so ever when picking up the JEEP after my free (For life...gotta love it) oil change...they probably never accessed the computer...even if they did, returning back to stock setting is suppose to be undetected.

For the rear door/tail gate rattle...adjusted latches and lubricated...5 minute ride home, heard no rattle...like that they topped off all the fluids!

No official recall for front liner rubbing the brake line...but the service mgr personally checked himself because he also owns a 2010 JEEP and read on the NET about this supposedly recall...non issue!

Flashed my JEEP back to 87 Octane Tune with no problem
Old 07-17-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MACE24
Ok, I got paranoid about leaving my SC 87 Octane Flash programmed and leaving my JEEP for a oil change, not knowing if they were gonna flash it for a update

So, we took a 5 minute ride to the dealership (yep, its that close to my house, the kids thought it was cool to stop off at McDonald's on the way, at 11:30 at night for some eats) and with spare key in hand...backed out to stock settings.

That being said...no problem what so ever when picking up the JEEP after my free (For life...gotta love it) oil change...they probably never accessed the computer...even if they did, returning back to stock setting is suppose to be undetected.

For the rear door/tail gate rattle...adjusted latches and lubricated...5 minute ride home, heard no rattle...like that they topped off all the fluids!

No official recall for front liner rubbing the brake line...but the service mgr personally checked himself because he also owns a 2010 JEEP and read on the NET about this supposedly recall...non issue!

Flashed my JEEP back to 87 Octane Tune with no problem
Good call on going back there. It is in the SC instructions to make sure you flash it back to stock before bringing it in. They general will not flash unless there is an update, but if they notice you have put a tuner on, they can void your warranty on the engine.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Torrin
Good call on going back there. It is in the SC instructions to make sure you flash it back to stock before bringing it in.
good job. i was hoping you would.

Quick Reply: Jeep at Dealer For Oil Change/Fender Liner Recall/SuperChips Flash?