Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jasper reman 3.8???

Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No update

Sorry guys no update on the Jasper motor. Ended up getting the run around on the motor and stuff from the dealer so i just got my money back.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SOuLO
Sorry guys no update on the Jasper motor. Ended up getting the run around on the motor and stuff from the dealer so i just got my money back.
You mean for the Jeep?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kittisman
You mean for the Jeep?
I had the same engine problem last year and my dealership replaced the stock motor with a Jasper reman...have LOVED this motor since...plus, I have a warranty to cover the next three years...no regrets on getting the Jasper...
Old 01-21-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kittisman
You mean for the Jeep?
Yes I got the money back for the jeep. I would have loved to keep it but after I was told the motor would be in to them in a week and then two weeks later I got a whole change of story to Jasper does not have any motors and will be at least 3-4 weeks. So needless to say that didnt make me want to stick around and see what I get. Its sad that people just cant be honest and upfront with you about stuff these days.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by KrasnayaZnamya
I had the same engine problem last year and my dealership replaced the stock motor with a Jasper reman...have LOVED this motor since...plus, I have a warranty to cover the next three years...no regrets on getting the Jasper...
Hmm... The Jasper rep told me they hadn't had any Wrangler 3.8's come through their facility yet.
You just can't take anybody's word these days. It makes me wonder why I even bothered to call and ask them.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

I had a jasper installed in Nov on my 07 after i hydrolocked it. Runs smooth and no problems there. I did notice a little oil drip coming off the bell housing where my clutch is. I think my shop might not of installed the rear main correctly. love the engine and the warrenty

Quick Reply: Jasper reman 3.8???