Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jasper reman 3.8???

Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOuLO
First off thanks for all the replies people and giving me some great info here. The reason I am asking if this is a good option for a motor is because I just bought this jeep so the dealer is installing the motor at their cost. I just want to know if I am getting lucky, as in getting a 0 miles motor that I know the history of or should i possibly try to move on since I belevie I can probably give the jeep back with no issues since I only owned it for three weeks and this was an issue from the start. Also take in account that I am in Kansas and we have the lemon law so I beleive if they fix it and I have the issue again I can return the jeep with no issues as well. As for every other aspect of the jeep its great and exactly what I was looking for even the color just want to make sure i am getting a good deal.
by chance did you buy this jeep in olathe?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Jasper engine installed on my 99 Dodge Durango. Engine ran great and actually felt like I gained a few more miles to the gallon. On top of that, they warranty their engine for labor and parts. I think it was 100,000 miles and/or 3 years. Just keep all your reciepts. Google them and check out their website.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I'd rather have a Jasper Rebuild than a new Mopar engine!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

As for my 2 cents...From the kinds of things I've read, and from the fact that my '07 Rubi Unlimited has used 4 quarts of oil in the last 1,550 miles, I'd MUCH rather have them put in the jasper engine, and NOT another bomb Chrysler assembled. Same for the used engines everyone keeps mentioning that people have from doing swaps, there's obviously a problem with this 3.8L piece of scrap metal, so why take another factory one and have them put it in....just to see how long it lasts? LOL. I'd take ANYTHING other than factory, if they're going to put it in and pay for it....and enjoy my Jeep for a long time to come.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

In other words...X2 on what dmhines said
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by bigf350sd
As for my 2 cents...From the kinds of things I've read, and from the fact that my '07 Rubi Unlimited has used 4 quarts of oil in the last 1,550 miles, I'd MUCH rather have them put in the jasper engine, and NOT another bomb Chrysler assembled. Same for the used engines everyone keeps mentioning that people have from doing swaps, there's obviously a problem with this 3.8L piece of scrap metal, so why take another factory one and have them put it in....just to see how long it lasts? LOL. I'd take ANYTHING other than factory, if they're going to put it in and pay for it....and enjoy my Jeep for a long time to come.
Have you pulled the plugs to see which ones show signs of oil on them?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not yet, I just noticed this about 5-6 days ago, when I had to add the first 2 quarts, then got around to checking it again yesterday, and adding the second 2 quarts to it. It's been either snow, or rain here, and with no garage, hafta wait on that, BUT, I went ahead and called a friend who works at a jeep dealer, and they told me to bring it in, let them change the oil, make sure it's dead on, mark the drain plug and fill cap (to ensure no tampering) and let me drive it 1,000 miles and then bring it to them to check it out, so...I'm just gonna do that first.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigf350sd
Jasper engines and trannies are definitely better than their factory counterparts.

I've been by the Jasper building a few times.
At worst, you might have some meth-heads at Jasper, which is better than the drunk potheads that have been caught on video at Chrysler factories.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Jasper engines and trannies are definitely better than their factory counterparts.

I've been by the Jasper building a few times.
At worst, you might have some meth-heads at Jasper, which is better than the drunk potheads that have been caught on video at Chrysler factories.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here i would take a Jasper anyday of the week over the Mopar junk 3.8.

Quick Reply: Jasper reman 3.8???