Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jasper reman 3.8???

Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOuLO
First off thanks for all the replies people and giving me some great info here. The reason I am asking if this is a good option for a motor is because I just bought this jeep so the dealer is installing the motor at their cost. I just want to know if I am getting lucky, as in getting a 0 miles motor that I know the history of or should i possibly try to move on since I belevie I can probably give the jeep back with no issues since I only owned it for three weeks and this was an issue from the start. Also take in account that I am in Kansas and we have the lemon law so I beleive if they fix it and I have the issue again I can return the jeep with no issues as well. As for every other aspect of the jeep its great and exactly what I was looking for even the color just want to make sure i am getting a good deal.
if the dealer is paying, why settle on reman or used?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would a reman modern motor go for? I'm curious as I fully intend to keep my JK until the tub rusts away.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jasper has a good warranty(when installed by an authorized Jasper dealer).
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
if the dealer is paying, why settle on reman or used?
Well this is what they said they would do. You have a valid point though I would rather have a new mopar short block and heads I mean who wouldnt. I may just have to call and ask them but Im sure that would be to much of a loss for them as I understand they need to make money but hey I need to be happy as well right.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dronac
How much would a reman modern motor go for? I'm curious as I fully intend to keep my JK until the tub rusts away.
From my understanding of the tech at the dealership it would be around 5000 for motor and install. I beleive about 3000-3500 being the rebuilt jasper motor.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ethang1977
Jasper has a good warranty(when installed by an authorized Jasper dealer).
This is exactly why I thought the jasper may in fact be better than the mopar short block and heads as i beleive they dont have a warranty with them. I do know the Jasper reman comes with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty which is great for me since I got the jeep used and have a 50% deductable on my warranty I got with the car.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Jaspers engines typically use upgraded parts when they rebuild. Mopar is having a bit of trouble with the 3.8 engines, lifters and such. You may be getting a better product by getting the Jasper. Just a thought.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Id trust a smaller output rebuild company over a high output assembly line motor manufacturer any day.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jasper is known for doing a nice job on their rebuild lines. Glad the dealer is making things right for you...

Howard
Old 01-04-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Jasper is a quality company that builds race engines/transmissions for teams in race series such as NASCAR. With that being said, you won't get the quality build that they put in their race teams but I can tell you first hand that they do build good quality engines and transmissions with great warranty to boot (like someone mentioned if installed by an approved installer). They build engines for large fleets nationwide such as the USPS, FEDEX and UPS. I have installed countless engines and transmissions that they build and considering the amount that we use, we have very few warranty issues and if and when they arise, they back their products.

I would much rather have a Jasper engine put in my vehicle than one "built by/for Chrysler." I made a mistake of trying a company that has large fleet accounts that happen to rebuild engines for the big 3 and other government agencies (not going to name the company in a public forum) because cost savings and a longer warranty period but after trying them for a year and crunching the numbers, I had a very dissapointing +20% engine failure. Needless to say, I'm back to using Jasper.

If the dealer is going to install the engine for free, it's a win win for you

Quick Reply: Jasper reman 3.8???