Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jasper reman 3.8???

Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jasper reman 3.8???

Hello all,
I hope this is the right place to post this. I purchased a 07 two door jeep green sahara with 45,000 miles three weeks ago. I was on my way to work and it started sounding like some one was playing the drums under the hood. Dealer says it lost oil feed to the right head and has alot of metal in the pan and is toast. I said ya it definately lost something... sounded just horrible and I am having nighmares of the sound but on to the question. They want to replace it with a jasper reman engine. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this company or specific reman engine?? Any thoughts would be much appriciated.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a Jasper 304 v8 put in my CJ a number of years ago and it ran great. No experience with a 3.8 v6 Jasper though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for a HEMI!

If you could get away with it. Either way man that sucks and i hope which ever solution you do works well for you.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

If you don't get a lot of feedback here, do a google search for jasper engine reviews. Look at the BBB reports, too.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before my JK I had a 84 SR5 pickup. I put a jasper 22R in it with about 180000 miles and sold the truck with 260000 miles. That motor still ran just as sweet as the day I swapped it in. Biggest mistake of my life selling that truck
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by SOuLO
Hello all,
I hope this is the right place to post this. I purchased a 07 two door jeep green sahara with 45,000 miles three weeks ago. I was on my way to work and it started sounding like some one was playing the drums under the hood. Dealer says it lost oil feed to the right head and has alot of metal in the pan and is toast. I said ya it definately lost something... sounded just horrible and I am having nighmares of the sound but on to the question. They want to replace it with a jasper reman engine. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this company or specific reman engine?? Any thoughts would be much appriciated.

Send Cop4x4 a message. He does hemi swaps all the time. I'm sure he has a used JK engine with very low miles. I had a Jasper in my 88 Commanche. It ran great
Old 01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why not look into a local rebuild by a machine shop. Usually you get better service if something is wrong. Rather have an engine that I've put miles on rebuilt than one that someone else has and rebuilt as cheap as possible.just my. 02
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

First off thanks for all the replies people and giving me some great info here. The reason I am asking if this is a good option for a motor is because I just bought this jeep so the dealer is installing the motor at their cost. I just want to know if I am getting lucky, as in getting a 0 miles motor that I know the history of or should i possibly try to move on since I belevie I can probably give the jeep back with no issues since I only owned it for three weeks and this was an issue from the start. Also take in account that I am in Kansas and we have the lemon law so I beleive if they fix it and I have the issue again I can return the jeep with no issues as well. As for every other aspect of the jeep its great and exactly what I was looking for even the color just want to make sure i am getting a good deal.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SOuLO
First off thanks for all the replies people and giving me some great info here. The reason I am asking if this is a good option for a motor is because I just bought this jeep so the dealer is installing the motor at their cost. I just want to know if I am getting lucky, as in getting a 0 miles motor that I know the history of or should i possibly try to move on since I belevie I can probably give the jeep back with no issues since I only owned it for three weeks and this was an issue from the start. Also take in account that I am in Kansas and we have the lemon law so I beleive if they fix it and I have the issue again I can return the jeep with no issues as well. As for every other aspect of the jeep its great and exactly what I was looking for even the color just want to make sure i am getting a good deal.
Sounds like you should go with the Jasper as the new engine will be covered as well. And you like everything about the Jeep, so why not.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

the Burnsville Offroad guys do tons of hemi swaps too, they've probably got a few low mile 3.8's as well

Quick Reply: Jasper reman 3.8???