Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

it's finally raining...

Old 04-22-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's finally raining...

Y U No - jeep y u no watertight

I'm getting a steady stream of water down my passenger side door where the hardtop comes in contact with the b-pillar mucket. It sucks that it's raining because i can't even try to take the top off and do a temporary fix, i'm pretty sure the hardtop foam is worn out completely and its causing water to breach the seal. Worst part is, i'm at school all week and they're forecasting rain for most of the week.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I woke up this morning and had a half inch of standing water on my rear passenger side, sort of annoying. I spent my morning pulling my carpet and drying it out.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

This is a common problem ,what year is your jeep? My '10 took numerous trips to the dealer until they called in a factory tech and he fixed it.The gaskets have to be put on exactly right or they will leak. Yours may be worn if you have an older jeep,or they are out of the track they fit in
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First time my Jeep saw rain, I had water leaking in on the passenger side. I got mad and yelled at it, haven't had a single drip since. No, seriously...

Quick Reply: it's finally raining...