Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ipod touch and my 2009 Sahara

Old 02-16-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My code is RES. My JK is a 2013. I have the Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3 and I have the "Connectivity Group package ($485 worth) that adds Uconnect voice group command with bluetooth, tire pressure monitor system, electronic vehicle information center, and Remote USB Port. The Ipod worked in it the first week I had it, then "Bam" no ipod will work, just the Iphone.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

I'm think that I have the oldest version of the software. I've read on some forums that I need to update to 9.713. Does anyone know where I can get this???
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by atrio3
I am connecting through the USB port on the front of the radio. I press the media key and it gives me the aux option. I've seen some people on here that have connected through the USB port and it works fine.

As far as the software version, I have no clue. Any ideas on how I can find that out??
The front USB port will not work on the 07-10 radios (RER). They didn't enable it for playing until the RHR came along in 2011. If you have an 09, then you need the iPod accessory cable. The part number is 82211853, and they are available from your local dealer. It plugs into the back of the radio, and then you can feed it over to the glove box. Once you have it plugged in, the first time you plug in your iPod and switch to media, you will see a new tab labeled "iPod" that you can use to play your music. I had one in my old JK and it worked great.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

JWilson is correct.

This is the screen he writes about appearing once you have the cable and IPOD connected.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MyGig_IPOD.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	423355  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
The front USB port will not work on the 07-10 radios (RER). They didn't enable it for playing until the RHR came along in 2011. If you have an 09, then you need the iPod accessory cable. The part number is 82211853, and they are available from your local dealer. It plugs into the back of the radio, and then you can feed it over to the glove box. Once you have it plugged in, the first time you plug in your iPod and switch to media, you will see a new tab labeled "iPod" that you can use to play your music. I had one in my old JK and it worked great.
The iPod control function is not determined by the Units sales code RER or RHR. It is Determined if that was added on. The iPod has to be added, it is installed between the USB in the center console and the Head Unit. It use to be installed in the GloveBox where you would connect the iPod, then moved to inside of Console..

Manual Description: Last sentence explains:

iPod/USB/MP3 CONTROL — IF EQUIPPED
NOTE: This section is for sales code RES and REQ/
REL/RET radios only with Uconnect™. For sales code
RBZ/RHB, RHR, RHP, RHW or RB2 touch-screen radio
iPod/USB/MP3 control feature, refer to the separate
RBZ/RHB, RHR, RHP, RHW or RB2 User’s Manual.
iPod/USB/MP3 control is available only if equipped as
an option with these radios.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atrio3
I'm think that I have the oldest version of the software. I've read on some forums that I need to update to 9.713. Does anyone know where I can get this???
Yes your software is really Old....Version 2.404 is what you should be at. Above will take to a place to get here. It's about a half gig file and burn on DVD. Just move files as they are downloaded to Disc and title with Version number.

Good Luck
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
The iPod control function is not determined by the Units sales code RER or RHR. It is Determined if that was added on. The iPod has to be added, it is installed between the USB in the center console and the Head Unit. It use to be installed in the GloveBox where you would connect the iPod, then moved to inside of Console..

Manual Description: Last sentence explains:

iPod/USB/MP3 CONTROL — IF EQUIPPED
NOTE: This section is for sales code RES and REQ/
REL/RET radios only with Uconnect™. For sales code
RBZ/RHB, RHR, RHP, RHW or RB2 touch-screen radio
iPod/USB/MP3 control feature, refer to the separate
RBZ/RHB, RHR, RHP, RHW or RB2 User’s Manual.
iPod/USB/MP3 control is available only if equipped as
an option with these radios.
This is not quite 100% true. For the 2011 and up, then yes the USB will be in the console if you order connectivity group. The RHR uses that USB port as well as the one on the front of it for iPod support. All of this was available from the factory.

For the 09-10 models there was no factory iPod support on any of the radios. If you has the RES or REQ, you could get the Mopar UConnect kit and iPod cable added on and installed behind the glove box. For the RER, the front USB port never supported direct playing of the iPod. You had to get the cable I mentioned above from the dealer and install it in the back of the radio to have support. Believe me, I've been around the block a couple times on these radios, I've had just about every configuration in one of my JK's so I learned pretty quick, lol.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
This is not quite 100% true. For the 2011 and up, then yes the USB will be in the console if you order connectivity group. The RHR uses that USB port as well as the one on the front of it for iPod support. All of this was available from the factory.

For the 09-10 models there was no factory iPod support on any of the radios. If you has the RES or REQ, you could get the Mopar UConnect kit and iPod cable added on and installed behind the glove box. For the RER, the front USB port never supported direct playing of the iPod. You had to get the cable I mentioned above from the dealer and install it in the back of the radio to have support. Believe me, I've been around the block a couple times on these radios, I've had just about every configuration in one of my JK's so I learned pretty quick, lol.
That is 100% Wrong.....I have been working with MyGig's since 2007 and have owned and still do, the RER and RHR....so below you will see the add-on for iPod Intergration.....The RHR dos not have the ipod built in....for one, Chrysler would not pay that over priced fee to Apple and doubt Harman would either. They have enough trouble getting any tech info from that company.....
[h=1]iPod Integration Cable for 2009-2010 Jeep Wrangler[/h] SKU: 82211853
Model Years: 2009 - 2010
Manufacturer: Jeep
Model: Wrangler
Availability: In Stock

MSRP: $96.05 Our Price: $86.45

Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable located in the glove box or center console and youre ready to go. iPod integration means you can navigate your iPod through your radio controls. With this simple plug and play hook up your iPod stays securely attached out of view and continually charging. Notes: For use with RER radios.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Attachment 423592

This is the USB in the console, and that is the controls for the iPod to integrate it into the system............all USB ports on the RHR work the same
Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Direct from the RHR Manual and how you need to connect to the iPod connector, guess what, when they started putting USB in console, you didn't see the ipod adapter

Attachment 423596Attachment 423597

Quick Reply: Ipod touch and my 2009 Sahara