Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ipod touch and my 2009 Sahara

Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod touch and my 2009 Sahara

Hello everybody!!!! I hope someone can help me with this issue. I just recently purchased a 2009 Sahara Unlimited with the RER radio. I tried hooking my Ipod touch to it and nothing happens. It just charges the Ipod. I've seen some posts that people are able to use the Ipod through the radio and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to do or set up for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if they changed anything from 2009 to 2010, but on the '10 I connect the phone using Bluetooth for playing my music and answering calls. You can control the phone with the radio's touch screen so the connector only needs to charge it. I'm not even sure if I can communicate across it.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atrio3
Hello everybody!!!! I hope someone can help me with this issue. I just recently purchased a 2009 Sahara Unlimited with the RER radio. I tried hooking my Ipod touch to it and nothing happens. It just charges the Ipod. I've seen some posts that people are able to use the Ipod through the radio and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to do or set up for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
When you press the Media Hard Key, it doesn't take you or give you an option for AUX?

Also, how are you connecting it? Not trying to with USB are ya?

Do you know your Software Versions?

Bluetooth Streaming is Only on the RHR, and the Lower end Model RHB
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

On my 2012 Sahara, you have to plug into the console USB port. If you plug into the front of the radio it does not recognize it as an iPod, it only gives power.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
When you press the Media Hard Key, it doesn't take you or give you an option for AUX?

Also, how are you connecting it? Not trying to with USB are ya?

Do you know your Software Versions?

Bluetooth Streaming is Only on the RHR, and the Lower end Model RHB

I am connecting through the USB port on the front of the radio. I press the media key and it gives me the aux option. I've seen some people on here that have connected through the USB port and it works fine.

As far as the software version, I have no clue. Any ideas on how I can find that out??
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Not green
On my 2012 Sahara, you have to plug into the console USB port. If you plug into the front of the radio it does not recognize it as an iPod, it only gives power.
That's a Diiferent Version (RHR) or a Different Model (RHB)..

RHR is the Newest Version of the 730 (RER)...front has 1 USB and the Rear has 2 Inputs.

RHB has a Add-on Uconnect and the Connectivity Option Has the USB port in the Center Console and that USB is connected to the Uconnect Module the teh UC module connects to the MyGig...

You can also get a iPod Module added to the Units, usually installed in the Glove Box

The Higher end RER/RHR has it all Built in and any of the 3 USBs work the same plus Bluetooth streaming...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Default Clip on Adding a Mic

Mygig Microphone Installation - YouTube
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

I have already started a related thread and have only got one response saying that another guy had a similar problem. I updated it today trying to get a response and have got nothing

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...onnect-263323/

My JK is a 2013 with uconnect. It only charges the Ipod and wont play it. It will play my Iphone but not Ipod. My ipod plays in my wifes Camaro and I have updated the software but nothing. I have also taken it to the dealership with not luck.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver1108
I have already started a related thread and have only got one response saying that another guy had a similar problem. I updated it today trying to get a response and have got nothing

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...onnect-263323/

My JK is a 2013 with uconnect. It only charges the Ipod and wont play it. It will play my Iphone but not Ipod. My ipod plays in my wifes Camaro and I have updated the software but nothing. I have also taken it to the dealership with not luck.
Finding the Right answer much less a Answer to the ongoing Apple (I refuse to work with others) issues...This is Apples doings and Because they will not let anyone or thing near there stuff, a Company that is programming for a Product to be released in the near future, they need specs of the device they are trying to make Compatible.....

A Phone is cheaper then replacing a MyGig....This has been a issue since 2007....

The solution is use the mini plug....do you know what software version you have....

If these posta are being read, KEY knowledge to have when you ask about any Mygig.Uconnect unit.....The 3 Letters ......botttom right corner......what are they?????....software version.....your manuals...tell you how to find

Last put not least......DUMP THE Fruit Phone....lol
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Here ya go....My Hang out, The Unofficial MyGig website has been down for a few days....that's where you can get software updates etc....

here is a place they are copied to....

Chrysler MyGig links. MyGig Software. • SUPERCELL FORUMS

Quick Reply: Ipod touch and my 2009 Sahara