Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Iphone and stock radio

Old 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1- uconnect comes with single, 6 disc and mygig units..

2 - yes you can control tracks by album, artist, playlist etc....

3 - yes...and when call is over the music comes back on, A nice feature is the phone has a seperate volume from the stereo so it stays set at a level usable reguardless of how loud or soft your music is.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone that has uconnect with the iPod integration kit use Pandora on their iPhone with it? Does it allow you to control it from the radio? Can you see the song/artist and skip and change channels?

That would be awesome.. And I'd upgrade to this for sure. I have Sirius, and it's very nice, but i'd still rather listen to my Pandora channels
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MoTec
Does anyone that has uconnect with the iPod integration kit use Pandora on their iPhone with it? Does it allow you to control it from the radio? Can you see the song/artist and skip and change channels?

That would be awesome.. And I'd upgrade to this for sure. I have Sirius, and it's very nice, but i'd still rather listen to my Pandora channels
not familiar with pandora, but yes your display shows Artist, song title and album......and by turning the channel selecter you can scroll through songs on the display....push it and the song will play
Old 04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
not familiar with pandora, but yes your display shows Artist, song title and album......and by turning the channel selecter you can scroll through songs on the display....push it and the song will play
Check out Pandora Radio (free app in the iphone store), then. And if you do, let me know if it works.

It looks like the ipod interface when it's playing.. I'm not sure if it uses phone functions or just looks like it.

But either way, I bet you like Pandora Radio.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

balt, you have been more than helpful. Do you think it's much more beneficial to get the aftermarket i-pod interface ? Is it easy to navigate through your music and select the track you want to play?
Also, since uconnect uses bluetooth technology do you still have to have your iphone plugged into the aux input to listen to your music on your phone or is it done wirelessly via bluetooth if I get the i pod interface? Again, sorry for these stupid questions I just have to ask. Maybe a simple link describing this feature will answer all my questions....thank you!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltChief
1- uconnect comes with single, 6 disc and mygig units..

2 - yes you can control tracks by album, artist, playlist etc....

3 - yes...and when call is over the music comes back on, A nice feature is the phone has a seperate volume from the stereo so it stays set at a level usable reguardless of how loud or soft your music is.
point of information here - uconnect does NOT come with any of the head units. It is deactivated by the factory and is enabled only by adding the aforementioned ipod integration/uconnect module.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the update.....is this what I need to get set-up?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9004.htm

AND

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9001.htm

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aboji
balt, you have been more than helpful. Do you think it's much more beneficial to get the aftermarket i-pod interface ? Is it easy to navigate through your music and select the track you want to play?
Also, since uconnect uses bluetooth technology do you still have to have your iphone plugged into the aux input to listen to your music on your phone or is it done wirelessly via bluetooth if I get the i pod interface? Again, sorry for these stupid questions I just have to ask. Maybe a simple link describing this feature will answer all my questions....thank you!

The blue tooth only works for the phone portion. You need to plug in the cable to use the ipod features. Now to be honest I ended up getting another regular Ipod nano because I like putting it in the glovebox out of sight and the phone comes and goes with me as I come and go. This way I also have the Ipod in the phone to use at all times. You can run the ipod directly from the Iphone, I just like the convenience of not having ti plug and unplug everytime I get in or out of the Jeep.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aboji
thanks for the update.....is this what I need to get set-up?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9004.htm

AND

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9001.htm

Thank you.
Yes...but make sure they send the one for the RES, REQ, REN radios..you don't need that little button thing as your radio already has it.

Also.....check Wyckoff chrysler....much cheaper
Old 04-20-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

i see. so approx $220 for the ipod intergration kit + $50 cable + $150 8 gig ipod nano= $440. Does this sound right? I have an iphone but not sure if I constantly want it plugged into the radio.....

If this is the case, I may just use a standard aux cable and try to find a stand to connect the ipod to the center stack. Does anyone this done?, if so can you post some pics just to get some ideas of how it would look. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Iphone and stock radio