Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Interior Scratches

Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Scratches

I did a little research and have not seen any new threads since 2007/8 when the JKs had a "bad plastic" problem from the factory. I have a 2011 and the area where the front passenger airbag is extremely easy to scratch. My jeep is a month old and has probably a dozen scratches in that area. Any way to buff those out or repair them? If not, does anyone know the price of that particular dash panel?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just live with it now. I rub a little 303protectant on the dash and it takes most of the nasty scratches out of the dash or makes them must less visible and provides UV protection.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I just live with it now. I rub a little 303protectant on the dash and it takes most of the nasty scratches out of the dash or makes them must less visible and provides UV protection.
Know of a good site to search to find that dash pad that goes over the airbag? I cannot find it on the mopar site.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2011 and don't have any scratches like you describe. However, I did have them on my 09, and found out it was from when my wife grabbed the bar and her rings would scratch the inside, so I told her no more rings in the JK. Did not go over to well, but it kept my interiior from looking like a trash bin.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know this sounds crazy but I heat my scratches with a lighter then ever so lightly rub them while they are hot. It only takes a couple of seconds of heat. It can leave a "shiny" spot but if you use a dash protectant spray you'll never notice it. I've been doing this for years on my 07.

Best to practice this method in an inconspicuous place.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 007divegirl
I know this sounds crazy but I heat my scratches with a lighter then ever so lightly rub them while they are hot. It only takes a couple of seconds of heat. It can leave a "shiny" spot but if you use a dash protectant spray you'll never notice it. I've been doing this for years on my 07.

Best to practice this method in an inconspicuous place.
yeah I saw some one do it to their fenders to bring the color back. Seemed to work well. i think it was a you tube video. used a torch from a good distance.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by largo
I have a 2011 and don't have any scratches like you describe. However, I did have them on my 09, and found out it was from when my wife grabbed the bar and her rings would scratch the inside, so I told her no more rings in the JK. Did not go over to well, but it kept my interiior from looking like a trash bin.
Been there. Done that. Lol

Quick Reply: Interior Scratches