Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Interior Creek/Pop

Old 05-23-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Creek/Pop

I have searched for Forum looking for answers and cannot get this "rattle" taken care of. I am getting a pop/creek from my passenger side sun visor area. I have done everything said from tightening to removing to putting in foam to try and get something to stop making noises.

From the front right "passenger" coner I am getting a pop or creek when hitting bumps on highways or slight incline. It is super annoying and would like to get it fixed cause its driving me nuts. Not sure what it is, but need help to fix it.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MX355
I have searched for Forum looking for answers and cannot get this "rattle" taken care of. I am getting a pop/creek from my passenger side sun visor area. I have done everything said from tightening to removing to putting in foam to try and get something to stop making noises.

From the front right "passenger" coner I am getting a pop or creek when hitting bumps on highways or slight incline. It is super annoying and would like to get it fixed cause its driving me nuts. Not sure what it is, but need help to fix it.
Sorry, no help here, but I got the exact same symptoms on the driver side. Usually, I loosen and then re-tighten the sport bar bolts and it goes away for a few days. Took it to the dealer and they blamed the aftermarket windshield. Called the windshield installer and they removed the windshield and it still made the noise. However, I got a new windshield out of it for free which was nice. Let me know if you figure it out. My guess is its the sheet metal flexing between the sports bar and the windshield frame.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Hard or Soft Top ?? if you really suspect the Visor then remove it for a couple days.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hard Top. I had the Freedom Panels off during weekend and still did it and with the a-pillar plastic removed. Guess I will take off visor and plastics, but its driving me nuts having a plastic pop noise over every small bump or non-stop pop on rough roads.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Yeah I get a rattle in the same area...with both hard top and soft top as well as doors or doorless....who knows?! Will take to dealer sometime soon...just hate to be without the Jeep while they "look" for the source of the problem....
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know what you mean, mines been in shop for Hard top "water falls" like 6 times, first vehicle ive ever owned thats been in shop so definitely dont want to take it in for a rattle in this nice weather. Let me know what they say, I've got to get it fixed.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got same problem. Seems like there is too much freeplay inside the visor itself. I can make it stop if I put the visor down or unclip it. The noise comes and goes at random intervals. My Jeep was built in Feb '09 - if we are all in the same timeframe it was most likely a bad batch of parts.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was made April 09 according to sticker on door jam. But I do not think its the visor, my visor is off and still made noise so now I have the plastics down down a pillar and roll bar surround off so will check it on my way to town here shortly.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well that didnt do a thing, guess next is to either take door off or find something else to take apart haha
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure it's the visor area? I was getting a squeak from the driver side, thought it was the front freedom panels, still happened with them off. When I took off my hardtop for a weekend, I noticed the screws for the hardtop/b-pillar were loose.

Quick Reply: Interior Creek/Pop