Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Installing steering stabilizer backward

Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captjay
why bother replacing it

if your front end is set up correctly, you don't even need it. I haven't had a SS for 8 months now
Trust me you need a better stabalizer if you put on 35 or taller tires. The stock ones cause a nice little shimmy. I bought the skyjacker stabalizer and they show you how it should be installed. But; like some other post, the only thing that matters on the install is whether it rubs or not. But they do get rid of the shimmy, Jimmy.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smallz46
Trust me you need a better stabalizer if you put on 35 or taller tires. The stock ones cause a nice little shimmy. I bought the skyjacker stabalizer and they show you how it should be installed. But; like some other post, the only thing that matters on the install is whether it rubs or not. But they do get rid of the shimmy, Jimmy.
I dont think so. I ran my 37,s for a month without a ss with no shimmy as you call it. Like the captjay said if you have a shimmy under normal driving conditions then you have a front end problem.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It matters

hey mates, BLUF: it matters… I’ll post photos later when I get it lifted but basically some idiot put mine on backwards & I’m lucky it hasn’t killed me yet… again photos & or video to follow… basically there’s a bolt that has been digging into the body of my hydronic cylinder

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
I don't think it matters which way it's installed as long as it clears. It's basically a shock absorber and since it's mounted horizontally I doubt it makes a difference. Vertically would be a whole other story.

BTW: Calling Jeep (Chrysler) about your Jeep is like asking an infant to do your homework. They just stare at you clueless. Kind of like this .

Quick Reply: Installing steering stabilizer backward