Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Inner door leak?

Old 02-17-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inner door leak?

Been fighting this leak at the bottom of door. There's a steady stream of water coming in when it rains and I'll have a little pool of water on the floor when I leave in the morning.

Any ideas???

You can make out the stream in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3598597591.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	497.5 KB
ID:	638058  
Old 02-17-2016, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Check your foam around the top and door. Usually some readjustment there will stop my stream. I'm all ears if someone has a better solution. My theory is the water is channeled down the inside of the rubber and thus door then rolls onto the lip there.

......or is yours coming from under that lip upon further review?
Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue but thankfully mine was still under warranty. Took it to the dealer and they either replaced door sills or foam around the door sills, can't remember which. So far so good. It did seem that my leak was worse when parked on a decline. I guess that allowed for more water to run to the front of the doors, then down and around the doors onto the floor. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Check your foam around the top and door. Usually some readjustment there will stop my stream. I'm all ears if someone has a better solution. My theory is the water is channeled down the inside of the rubber and thus door then rolls onto the lip there. ......or is yours coming from under that lip upon further review?
I think you're right about the door foam. It looks like it's running down the front of the door (hinge side) and then into the cab. It's like a giant funnel!
Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same leak, dealer replaced all the seals, and the foam, I adjusted the door hinges, no more leak.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Been fighting this leak at the bottom of door. There's a steady stream of water coming in when it rains and I'll have a little pool of water on the floor when I leave in the morning. Any ideas??? You can make out the stream in the pic.
Hard top or soft top ?

Quick Reply: Inner door leak?