Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Improving road manners on a Stock 2013 Unlimited

Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well keep acting like a dick and see how much help you get.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Well keep acting like a dick and see how much help you get.
Aim high!

I act like a dick because of all the smart ass responses I get from shitheads like you on these shithole forums. If you're not asking about how to lift a jeep to cram 35 inch mudder's under it people don't want to help. Just talk shit. People seem to have forgotten not everyone buys a jeep to go off-road.

Its cool that someone asked if this is my first Jeep? That's not being a dick huh? No, that's cool.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Jeep Wrangler review from Consumer Reports: http://youtu.be/HkhZTINmgr8 .

Consumer reports must be full of shit too?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
Aim high! I act like a dick because of all the smart ass responses I get from shitheads like you on these shithole forums. If you're not asking about how to lift a jeep to cram 35 inch mudder's under it people don't want to help. Just talk shit. People seem to have forgotten not everyone buys a jeep to go off-road. Its cool that someone asked if this is my first Jeep? That's not being a dick huh? No, that's cool.
I'm sure I'm not alone with regarding afpilot82 and especially ronjenx as guys that know what they're talking about when it comes to Jeeps. They're definetly not the dicks here. I believe jenx was just trying to help you with ideas. No need for your dick comment directed towards him. If you don't appreciate the help you get here, kindly leave the forum.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

I'm going to. If I'm not getting the questions answered, why would I stay? I don't need you to tell me to leave, I'll do it on my own. You might be able to read that I answered serious inquiries the only ones I don't appreciate are those that are not. What difference does it make if it is my first jeep? I was only asking how to improve upon a stock jeep. That is it and that is all. The problem is this question has the word stock in it. But no one will admit that.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

The problem is this question has the word stock in it. But no one will admit that.
I used the word stock to describe mine, too, in an effort to illustrate track wander and flightiness aren't normal for stock JKs. And it's not normal for the JKs I deal with locally. Some are stock and some are not.

As previously suggested, why not get an alignment check done before you make any changes? Know where your toe, caster, camber and thrust angles are before you dial in any improvements.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can the caster angle be improved upon over stock angle? I'm curious if I didn't make it too rigid with Bilsteins and 18/60 springs? The Bilsteins really tighten it up a lot but their is still room for improvement.
With cam bolts or adjustable front upper or lower arms you can adjust the caster.

Like ronjex said alignment need to be done correctly, but I don't agree with '' track wander and flightiness aren't normal for stock JKs'' all the stock Jk I drove, rode like shit and most of them was almost brand new. Try to go over 70mph in a high speed turn and bumpy road with a stock JK, good luck...

I had 18/60 coils on my stock rubicon and the ride was firmier than with my AEV 2.5'' lift and bilstein 5100 shocks. Installing an AEV 2.5'' lift with geo brackets improved a lot the ride compared to a stock JK and my caster is close to 5 degree. I feel much more safer at high speed...

Last edited by WARLOCK; 05-27-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WARLOCK
With cam bolts or adjustable front upper or lower arms you can adjust the caster.

I had 18/60 coils on my stock rubicon and the ride was firmier than with my AEV 2.5'' lift and bilstein 5100 shocks.
Can the caster angle be improved upon over stock? Or is it set at an ideal angle from factory?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

The alignment gets checked every time it goes to the dealership. It just left the dealership after having a drag link installed. The alignment I know for a fact is fine. Again, I'm not trying to fix flightiness or track wander, please don't get fixated on those words. Obviously a jeep doesn't handle like a GT-R... It never will, all I am asking is how it can be improved upon. Such as adding better shocks. Done: bilstein. What else can I do?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Honestly, look at tires. I noticed a huge difference from going from my stock sra's to some e rated bf Goodrich km2s. I realize that e rated tires would not be recommended by most, but I got them at a steal, and I really like them. They're very stiff, and definitely improved the handling characteristics of my jeep. I also have a 2 door.

Quick Reply: Improving road manners on a Stock 2013 Unlimited