Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definatly have this squeaking and ticking going on too. I have been watching this thread and you all got me scared of the dealers. My husband refuses to take our vehicles there since they usually come back more messed up Can I ask you Maryland people what dealers you have used? My husband thinks I should just let this issue go but I am not to sure.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kashlak
I definatly have this squeaking and ticking going on too. I have been watching this thread and you all got me scared of the dealers. My husband refuses to take our vehicles there since they usually come back more messed up Can I ask you Maryland people what dealers you have used? My husband thinks I should just let this issue go but I am not to sure.
I take my Jeep to Adams Jeep in Aberdeen. Its a little of a drive from Baltimore, but well worth it. They are straight forward and up front with everything. Galen, the service manager is awesome to work with. Here is their address:

3485 Churchville Rd.
Aberdeen, MD 21001
410-879-5800
Old 08-20-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got my JK back from the dealer for the Throwout TSB. Fixed!!! The clutch engages sooner than before (ie - when the pedal is closer to the floor), but I think that's arbitrary and has nothing to do with it.

Haven't driven it much (about 2 blocks) yet, but so far it seems all good, and with no immediately noticable damage to the interior (haven't really looked hard yet).

I'll post again if/when I notice any other differences from before.

It was nice to pull into the parkade at work and not deafen myself with the squeal!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by goldtr8
Piginajeep,

Why did you pay for a throw out bearing. I have had the clutch redone when I had a throwout bearing noise. Now 2k miles later the throwout bearing is making noise again. I have discussed with my dealer and they will fix it under warranty when I bring it in. They admitted the tech screwed up and was to do both the TSB on the clutch and TSB on the bearing but people make mistakes.

So I am giving my dealer slack for the error the first time.

But to the origional question why diid you pay for the throw out bearing.
Originally Posted by riverzendz
I think because his is in for the clutch TSB and not the TO bearing TSB. The clutch kit does not include a TO bearing but might as well replace that while you're in there. Maybe
what he said, it was a clutch TSB and they would'nt cover the throw out bearing since its a wear item. I just paid for the part. The tech said there was nothing wrong with mine. But since it was already torn apart. I just paid for a new one..

its definetly smoother and quiter. But it still will grind a little in 5th gear. They claim its because of the bigger tires... but thats a whole other thread/ discussion
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by noot
Just got my JK back from the dealer for the Throwout TSB. Fixed!!! The clutch engages sooner than before (ie - when the pedal is closer to the floor), but I think that's arbitrary and has nothing to do with it.

Haven't driven it much (about 2 blocks) yet, but so far it seems all good, and with no immediately noticable damage to the interior (haven't really looked hard yet).

I'll post again if/when I notice any other differences from before.

It was nice to pull into the parkade at work and not deafen myself with the squeal!
yeah, the broke my shifter boot cover, he'll its aluminum. They broke the plastic clips... I have to call them tommorrow and it... They didnt return my calls today...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

mine has a slight chirp when I let off the clutch going into 3rd. It's very quiet. I'm a little confused as to whether I need this work, if everyone needs it or only if there is an issue. Sorry for the ignorance, but there is a lot of information out there and some of it is contradictory.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I called a Mercedes/Jeep dealership and told them what was wrong. They scheduled for me to come in tomorrow afternoon so they could take a look at it.

My question: I'm over 12k miles. Since I had this problem documented before 12k miles will they still fix it under warranty as a pre-existing issue or can they hit me with the full-price?

Last edited by 4x4jkx; 08-27-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on the dealer. Mine was replace after 12K with no prior documentation and no questions asked. also replaced the throwout for free. I think that is there protocol now. or has always been at this dealer.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

ok i have checked all over but can not find TSB 06-001-08.. anyone nice enough to have a copy?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motabus
ok i have checked all over but can not find TSB 06-001-08.. anyone nice enough to have a copy?
I have been searching for one as well. The only way I can tell you how to get one is have a tech show you the TSB when you get it taken in.

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall