Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riverzendz
If you had it you would know. The squeal is very obvious and very annoying.
thanx! i was hoping i didn't have to take my baby in again, i miss her ya know
Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

i am supposed to drop my jeep off tomorrow until the guy told me it was going to take a day to look at it a day to order parts and a day to fix.

it is supposed to be perfect weather until sunday so i am calling them back and making it for next week instead.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZenGirl
What do you mean you havent had your doors off yet? Only the 2 tops? Its August, when do you plan on going naked?? LOLOLOL
my garage is a junk pit, hence i'm afraid to take off the doors b/c they might get hurt. i'm still waiting for my PJ rockrails too. when i take my doors off i like to hang my foot out the side. the good news is-i don't have the clutch killer squeak. thanks all for the help
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Default Question????

Does anyone know if there is going to be a full blown recall for this problem? Also, will this be covered by the lifetime warranty should it develop at a later date?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Does anyone know if there is going to be a full blown recall for this problem? Also, will this be covered by the lifetime warranty should it develop at a later date?
its only good the first 12,000 miles. So i would say no. it wont be covered
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
its only good the first 12,000 miles. So i would say no. it wont be covered
Right, but its seems alot of dealers still warrantied it after. I had ours done at ~16500 and I think a few others had them later, so its at least worth trying to get it covered.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bly109
Right, but its seems alot of dealers still warrantied it after. I had ours done at ~16500 and I think a few others had them later, so its at least worth trying to get it covered.
I meant in the long term after 36,000 miles.. I guess I should be a little more clear.

ours has 24,000 and they covered it today.. I had to pay for a new throw out bearing, but thats ok...

we'll see if it fixes the problem when I pick it up tonight
Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I meant in the long term after 36,000 miles.. I guess I should be a little more clear.

ours has 24,000 and they covered it today.. I had to pay for a new throw out bearing, but thats ok...

we'll see if it fixes the problem when I pick it up tonight
ah, yeah, sorry, I meant in the 36K time frame too. I definitely dont think they'll cover it after 36 either, but its seems like the 12K isnt set in stone. Hopefully it fixed it for you Ours is still great.

Last edited by bly109; 08-19-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Piginajeep,

Why did you pay for a throw out bearing. I have had the clutch redone when I had a throwout bearing noise. Now 2k miles later the throwout bearing is making noise again. I have discussed with my dealer and they will fix it under warranty when I bring it in. They admitted the tech screwed up and was to do both the TSB on the clutch and TSB on the bearing but people make mistakes.

So I am giving my dealer slack for the error the first time.

But to the origional question why diid you pay for the throw out bearing.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by goldtr8
Piginajeep,

Why did you pay for a throw out bearing. I have had the clutch redone when I had a throwout bearing noise. Now 2k miles later the throwout bearing is making noise again. I have discussed with my dealer and they will fix it under warranty when I bring it in. They admitted the tech screwed up and was to do both the TSB on the clutch and TSB on the bearing but people make mistakes.

So I am giving my dealer slack for the error the first time.

But to the origional question why diid you pay for the throw out bearing.
I think because his is in for the clutch TSB and not the TO bearing TSB. The clutch kit does not include a TO bearing but might as well replace that while you're in there. Maybe

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall