Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoArmy8317
If you get the tsb's taken care of, check your intakes for proper seal.

Just like someone mentioned already...

I have an Airaid and it wasn't sealed right - after I re-sealed and tightened, I got my deep, good sound back.
I mentioned it earlier. I don't know why they're touching the intake. They've got no business messing with it.

----------------
Now playing: Wolfsheim - Time
via FoxyTunes
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

regarding air raid intake.engine got disturbed or slightly tilted down to remove and install transmission this is probably what caused your intake tube to pop off.do not feel bad shortly after trans removal/install at dodge dealer my starter fell out and was hangin by the cables(what do you mean you need to reinstall those bolts?)
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Default plz describe noise

i went to the dealer today... they said it's not a recall, it's a TSB (i knew that). so they only perform the TSB if you have the symptons. how do i know i don't hear squeaking. would it be super loud? i haven't had the doors off yet and only the front two freedom panels off. so can somebody plz describe in detail the sound i might hear? thanx!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rickl
regarding air raid intake.engine got disturbed or slightly tilted down to remove and install transmission this is probably what caused your intake tube to pop off.do not feel bad shortly after trans removal/install at dodge dealer my starter fell out and was hangin by the cables(what do you mean you need to reinstall those bolts?)

Yea I figured that's why, and they didn't notice / forgot to fix it...

but F#%! your situation is just a little worse

Mudboss - just check out one of the earlier pages, there are a couple descriptions
Old 08-16-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

so let's say you don't get this TSB done, will this "creaking" sound or "ticking" sound cause any problems later down the road? I JUST had my TSB for the clutch disc performed and went through hell with that one (3 weeks worth of it)....so if it's not gonna be a big deal, I don't even want to let them touch it again.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
i went to the dealer today... they said it's not a recall, it's a TSB (i knew that). so they only perform the TSB if you have the symptons. how do i know i don't hear squeaking. would it be super loud? i haven't had the doors off yet and only the front two freedom panels off. so can somebody plz describe in detail the sound i might hear? thanx!
If you had it you would know. The squeal is very obvious and very annoying.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rickl
Ah! Thanks for that.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
What do you mean you havent had your doors off yet? Only the 2 tops? Its August, when do you plan on going naked?? LOLOLOL
Old 08-19-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have just noticed this ticking noise this past week. I am at almost 6000 miles and it is exactly what you are talking about in this thread. I barley touch the clutch and it stops. You guys are scaring the shit out of me about the dealer working on vehicles now LOL thanks. Anyone live in Oakland County Michigan and like their dealer, please let me know who you use. I bought from Golling, but I have no idea what their service department is like as I change my own oil.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
please keep me in the loop on the outcome ---Thanks
they said this is what mine needed. I'll know when I pick it up tonight.

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall